• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will there be a 2020 season at all?

Will there be a 2020 season at all?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a 2020 season at all?

• Yes
    • No

I know it's obvious - but there's a *lot* of travel in baseball - teams flying in and out of cities, potentially being exposed and then carriers again will be discouraged.  It could be managed - but it could be an expensive complication.  

I mean, this could burn itself out in a month or two, (to manageable levels, at least), or maybe it evolves into a less serious cold-like virus, or maybe there's a treatment protocol that knocks the complication rate down to some reasonable number, say less than 2%, with a flu-like death rate of like 0.1%, or maybe someone waves a damn magic wand ...

But I digress...  my answer is "too early to know - ask again in a month"   

As for no fans?  Hard to imagine the point of baseball played with no live fans.  Then again, hard to imagine all that's happened in the last few weeks ...

13 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s not even opening day yet.

I point this out because it “feels” like baseball has been gone for a long time, and I think a lot of people have already cancelled a good chunk of the season in their minds beyond what we know (mid May).

Of course there’s a chance that there is no season, but no one has any idea now. 

It’s Mar 24.

I guess the reason I don't think the season will happen is because even the shut down happens until Easter. The fear of someone on a team getting it and then more people on the team getting it and quarantining one team or two teams while the others play is probably unlikely. Similar to what the NBA did when the guy tested positive. It would be a really big issue for the league and the team if someone or a team got shut down because of corona virus. I mean if 5 players on the Angels got Corona virus would it just be a DL thing and would that be fair to the Angels? 

6 minutes ago, failos said:

I will riot in the fucking streets if the season is canceled.

I agree that it would totally suck. But, if this thing doesn't stop and people continue to get infected games being played are only going to speed up that process of more people getting infected. We can joke around all we want about attendance being down or fake stats about who's at the game and not. But 30k people at a stadium that close together might completely spike this thing to another shut down. Might as well get the whole thing under control, even if that is shutting down a season for it then play think it's all under control and then relapse the system. 

If they do several double headers it might be manageable.  Also thinking outside the box would help as well

Expand the ML rosters to 28.

Allow an new option for journeyman types so they can be moved back and forth from AAA to the majors. 

I never liked the option rule when it came to a fringe player near the end of their career. You would think that the union would protect players like that, but they don't.

Edited by 2112
Dyslexia