• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: Virus suggestions from THE front line

c0481846-wuhan_novel_coronavirus_illustration-spl.jpg

My dear friends & AngelsWin.com family, I don't normally post content on our Blog that is non-Angels or Baseball related, but after getting permission to interview one of our members at AngelsWin.com, it would be a disservice to all and criminal not to share. 

What you're about to read below is from one of our own who has been on the frontline as a firefighter in LA County for 30-years and has been through the riots, more firestorms than he can ever tell you, earthquakes, and just about every single kind of call of distress that you can imagine. 

According to our AngelsWin.com member @PattyD22: This virus is like nothing anybody has ever seen. I was exposed and had it in early February, and was sick for about 5 days. This was WAY before the media dedicated coverage on it 24/7 and long before the President and our own department even knew much about it. I’m 52 and I’m in good health, so I beat it, but I still have a residual, chronic dry cough. I'm still working my shifts and we currently have 11 guys who have tested positive so far and are under quarantine. When it’s all said and done, our medical director of the LA County Fire Dept thinks we will have anywhere between 500-1000 first responders testing positive and subsequently, we may have a few die from it.

Disclaimer: The information provided below is from Mark Henderson, a nuclear physicist who has dealt with world diseases for some time and was Integral with the CERN in Switzerland. He is now working on nuclear fusion with the ITER project as documented in the film "Let There Be Light" which will be viewable on Amazon Prime. You should always consult with a licensed physician over any information that is passed on, you hear on the news or read online, including the content provided below.  This virus could mutate or newer tests could reveal that the practices listed below could deem unsuccessful

The WHO (World Health Organization) received information from a young researcher who had been transferred from Shenzhen to Wuhan to collaborate with the task force that is fighting the coronavirus epidemic. We want to receive and willingly transmit to all of this clear, simple and accessible information, which describe exactly what it is. The virus, how it transfers from one person to another and how it can be neutralized in everyday life.

Corona virus infection does not cause a cold with a dripping nose or catarrhal cough, but a dry and dry cough: this is the easiest thing to know.

Consuming hot drinks such as tea, herbal tea and broth during the day, or simply hot water: hot liquids, including water consumption, helps to maintain a healthy immune system along with sufficient sleep.

1. The virus crown is quite large (diameter about 400-500 nanometers), therefore most medical quality masks can stop it. If you are not exhibiting symptoms, wearing a mask has little value unless you are in contact with infected patients so the situation is different for doctors and health professionals who are exposed to heavy virus loads and have to use special equipment. If an infected person sneezes in front of you, three or more meters away, they will drop the virus on the ground and should prevent it from landing on you in an open-air environment. Closed quarters may require additional physical distance, so be mindful and use common sense and practice social/physical distancing.

2. When the virus is found on metal surfaces, it survives for about 12 hours.  So when you touch metal surfaces such as handles, doors, appliances, supports on trams, etc., wash your hands well and disinfect them carefully.

3. The virus can live nested in clothes and fabrics for about 12 hours: normal detergents and a sufficient wash cycle should help to mitigate the virus but again wash your hands before and after doing laundry if you suspect your clothes may be contaminated.

How it manifests itself:

1. The virus first installs itself in the throat, causing inflammation and a dry throat sensation: this symptom can last for 3 to 4 days.

2. The virus travels through the humidity present in the airways, descends into the trachea and installs in the lung, causing pneumonia.  This step takes about 5 to 6 days.

3. Pneumonia occurs with high fever and difficulty breathing, it is not accompanied by the classic cold.  But you may have the feeling of drowning.  In this case, contact your doctor immediately.

How can you avoid it:

1. Virus transmission occurs mostly by direct contact, touching tissues or materials on which the virus is present: washing hands frequently is essential. The virus only survives on your hands for about ten minutes, but in ten minutes many things can happen: rub your eyes or scratch your nose for example, and allow the virus to enter your throat ... So, for your own good and for the good of others, wash your hands very often and disinfect them!

2. You can gargle with an antiseptic mouthwash, hot salt water or any doctor recommended solution that eliminates or minimizes the amount of the virus that could enter your throat: in doing so, you can potentially flush it before it goes down into the trachea and then into the lungs.

3. Disinfect the PC keyboard and mobile phones.

The new coronavirus NCP may not show signs of infection for many days, before which it cannot be known if a person is infected.  But by the time you have a fever and / or cough and go to the hospital, your lungs are usually already in 50% fibrosis and it's too late!

Taiwanese experts suggest doing a simple check that we can do on our own every morning: Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds.  If you successfully complete it without coughing, without discomfort, a sense of oppression, etc., this is an indication that there is no fibrosis in the lungs. In such critical times, do this check every morning in a clean air environment!

To reiterate, if you believe you have the symptoms of coronavirus, contact a trained medical doctor/physician and obtain expert advice, your health is paramount.

Share this information with your family, friends and acquaintances, for solidarity and civic sense!

Thank you Chuck for the kind words, and honesty I hope it does.  The media does the public a disservice with the way they are reporting on this.  They seem content on using fear as a way to convey their message.  

I hope this answers some questions and helps ease some fears about the virus.  It should be taken seriously and precautions taken, most notably washing your hands.

5 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

PattyD, thanks for your service!

Secondly, Is there a link to Mark Henderson's info?  I've heard contrasting information regarding its succeptibility to heat.

I do not know Mark Henderson, dude abides.  This was given to me by a colleague at work a while ago.  

i apologize for some of the info that may contrast with what we know now.  I’m not a physicist so I felt it was vetted and pertinent info that may help us.

I think Chuck put some info about him in the article.

As part of the disclaimer I have in the article, I want to add that there are already some sites that have listed items to refute some of the info listed in the article. But at the same time I don't think there's 100% certainty of what's fact or fiction until there's more time that scientists have to fully vet their tests out. As I mentioned, consult with your licensed physician for medial advice. 

Here's one in particular from a week ago. What was fact or fiction then, could be completely the opposite today.

https://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2020/03/n-fact-or-fiction-coronavirus

Ultimately follow your state guidelines to safe distance yourselves when going outside, wash your hands and stay healthy so that if infected your body's immune system has a good chance at fighting this bastard of a virus.

Thanks again for passing this information along and for your story, @PattyD22

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

As part of the disclaimer I have in the article, I want to add that there are already some sites that have listed items to refute some of the info listed in the article. But at the same time I don't think there's 100% certainty of what's fact or fiction until there's more time that scientists have to fully vet their tests out. 

Here's one in particular from a week ago. What was fact or fiction then, could be completely the opposite today.

https://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2020/03/n-fact-or-fiction-coronavirus

Ultimately follow your state guidelines to safe distance yourselves when going outside, wash your hands and stay healthy so that if infected your body's immune system has a good chance at fighting this bastard of a virus. 

Thanks again for passing this information along and for your story, @PattyD22

Honestly Chuck, it’s OK if there is concern about some of the validity of the info contained.  Science isn’t lightning fast, and the data may be contradicted.

My intent was to share the fact that this virus is completely survivable (albeit with a naggy ass dry cough) and to hopefully have some ammunition in how we can be safe.  

Some posters have brought up legit concerns about it and since you’re the boss, the decision is yours.  I just can’t say “wash your hands” enough.  It’s really the easiest way to protect yourself.

6 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I hope this answers some questions and helps ease some fears about the virus.  It should be taken seriously and precautions taken, most notably washing your hands.

I spend a lot of my time refuting misinformation, and covering the very basics. Whenever I am asked by people how they can protect themselves, I tell them to remember these three things:

Frequent hand washing

Clean environmental surfaces at least once daily

Don't hang around anyone who is sneezing or coughing.

That is basically it. I understand that people's anxiety levels are so high that not only are they not retaining anything useful, they are often retaining misleading and false information.

Hello everyone,

My nephew, Dr. Arash Rafiei, a urologist in Florida, sent me this video recorded by Dr. Dave Price, a doctor in one of the top hospitals in New York City, Weill Cornell Medical Center, whose hospital is now nearly exclusively treating COVID-19 patients:

https://vimeo.com/399733860

I encourage you to watch the video but a few of the most salient points:

1) In an overwhelming number of cases, the virus was transmitted from hand to face, i.e. people touching their faces after some prolonged exposure to a COVID-19 carrier. Wash your hands before you leave your home and, in particular, when you return, being very mindful of what you touch and cleaning all surfaces that were contacted from the moment you enter the door until you have successfully washed your hands, including sink surfaces, handles, door knobs, clothes, etc. Be extremely regimented in this protocol and process. He, of course, carries Purell (hand sanitizer) around with him 

2) He recommends becoming a "Hand Nazi" and to actively not touch your face, i.e. always know where your hands are.

3) Also it is recommended that you wear a mask when you leave the home. This mask does not have to be a medical grade mask and the reason they recommend wearing is not because of aerosol-based contraction of the virus (and in fact they believe that you would have to be in a very confined space with an active carrier for that to possibly even happen) but to help you avoid touching your face because you have the mask on. If you feel you may have touched things while out and touched your mask, wash it when you get home if possible.

4) Maintain physical distance of at least 3 feet and reduce overall contact with family and friends when applicable and practical.

5) The doctor recommends that if you are short of breath, you should go get evaluated at the hospital by a medical doctor. If the situation seems to be slipping out of control call 911.

He emphasizes that transmission happens primarily via family members or too much regular contact with friends and strangers. He recommends avoiding sustained contact with anyone who shows symptoms or signs or is suspected of being in contact with someone who has exhibited symptoms or is sick.

You can hear more but those are some of the big highlights. Some or all of you may be aware of these already but I thought it would be best to share what was discussed in the video by Dr. Price.

Be safe, healthy, and wash your damn hands anytime you step outside your residence, before you leave and, especially, after you return home.

3 hours ago, ettin said:

1) In an overwhelming number of cases, the virus was transmitted from hand to face, i.e. people touching their faces after some prolonged exposure to a COVID-19 carrier.

This is precisely why frequent hand washing is such a big deal. People at work get tired of hearing me talk about it, but this is why. It is the number one thing that you can do to protect yourself. The virus is not transmitted through the skin, but you can easily transfer it from the skin to a mucous membrane (i. e., around the eyes, nose and mouth). That is an easy portal of entry.

i think this probably goes without saying, but never the less, in a rush to treat/cure this virus there will be mountains of data that will conflict with each other. the reason isn't fake news, but rather the simple truth that this virus is being researched in the public realm. usually this stuff is worked on in labs behind closed doors and we never know of their successes or failures of hypothesis or trials.

that's just a reality that we need to deal with and adjust as best we can as new, and hopefully, accurate information comes in. one thing that is unchanging in all of this and can be counted on to help you and others is to wash your hands constantly and stay the hell away from other people right now. i'm still working and i can't tell you how many people just come around me and expect me to come inside their house, as if everything is normal. it's about to get real bad in this country and every single one of us will have our lives touched in a very impactful way, and i'm not talking about the financial impact.

Another fallacy that is being circulated is that taking NSAIDs for pain relief, especially ibuprofen, increases the risk of death from COVID-19. One message that I saw even said that all of the people who have died had ibuprofen in their systems - which is certifiably false. Ibuprofen levels aren't routinely checked at death - in fact, almost never for any reason. No scientific evidence, says the FDA.

FDA advises patients on use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for COVID-19

At this time, FDA is not aware of scientific evidence connecting the use of NSAIDs, like ibuprofen, with worsening COVID-19 symptoms.

The main issue is that they reduce fever, which may affect early diagnosis.