Chuckster70

The Official AngelsWin.com Check-ins for COVID-19

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

AO still kicking (not venting)

Working both from home and at work, only 1-2 others are still working here on the second floor (all others telecommuting), making for a serene and safe environment  

It was good seeing you last Friday, @Angel Oracle🍻

5 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

l fill fine other than this cough, I'm having my next doctor appointment over the phone.

Make sure that you keep close tabs on that. If you start to run a high fever or if the congestion gets worse, get in and get screened, and don't put it off.

11 hours ago, Lou said:

So do I

By remembering the alphabet while she's not working. 

We once had a records officer who had dyslexia. We would find files everywhere, no rhyme or reason as to where they might wind up sometimes. He had a chart of the alphabet, like what you would find in a first grade classroom, taped to the tops of the file shelves. It didn't exactly inspire confidence.

You can't make this up.

Fortunately my business hasn’t been impacted very much. I temporarily closed my store front from the daily public but still do most of my business with property management companies anyway. I have all my calls going to an answering service and I’m actually enjoying my time working at home. Crazy times but a great time to be with family. I certainly hope that everyone here stays safe and healthy. Can’t wait to see some baseball. 

Heading into day 12 of staying at home. 
Both of my kids now homeschooling. My wife is teaching online, and I teach my classes on line too. Ever tries teaching an improv class on line?

Found out yesterday that one of my students is super sick. She is waiting on test results.

My allergies are acting up and freaking me out.

Our washing machine died. Getting a new one delivered tomorrow. They are just dropping it off and leaving. 

My dog is super stoked on all the walks.

I ran out of blueberries, so it looks like I have to go shopping.

My wife and daughter started an Instagram acct to teach kids art projects with household items. Follow her if you have kids @artshowathome

My son and I are trying to find some sort of creative outlet.

Thanks for doing this chuck! 

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We once had a records officer who had dyslexia. We would find files everywhere, no rhyme or reason as to where they might wind up sometimes. He had a chart of the alphabet, like what you would find in a first grade classroom, taped to the tops of the file shelves. It didn't exactly inspire confidence.

You can't make this up.

I think there is an axiom, anyone smart enough to be a good file clerk is too smart to be a file clerk. 

No disrespect to @Lou's file clerk.

Edited by Slegnaac

Started my second week working from home.  All of my colleagues live out iof state so not much difference there.  Had to set up a dedicated workspace and need to order an ergonomic chair.

The biggest disappointment is that I was going to be working with the rest of my team in Portsmouth, RI. this week.  My plan was to fly to Houston at the end of the week to catch the opening weekend games.  On the plus side, Houston had not put single game tickets on sale prior to the trip being cancelled. 

Thanks, Chuck. Just seeing this. Stir crazy in the so-called epicenter of the coronavirus, here in NYC, but healthy. So far I don't know anyone who has it. I'll go with the cliche though: "We'll get through this together."

Thank you all for continuing to check in. I think it's good for us all to stay connected and to reach out in the event you need help. Especially mentally. 

I know a lot of folks are having some major anxiety over this. All I can say on that end is, don't watch too much news throughout the day. It can really drain you.

18 hours ago, Sully151 said:

My son and I are trying to find some sort of creative outlet.

i don't know if you play golf, but there are some decent deals on amazon.com right now for indoor/outdoor golf practice cages. i bought one and it arrived today. even came with a fake grass mat that has fairway, rough, and tee box levels of turf on it for whatever shots you want to practice, plus it comes with a rubber tee. going to set it up tomorrow and start firing away. found cheap balls at walmart this morning - i think they may be used but who cares - two dozen wilson balls for $11 that i plan to beat the snot out of.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

i don't know if you play golf, but there are some decent deals on amazon.com right now for indoor/outdoor golf practice cages. i bought one and it arrived today. even came with a fake grass mat that has fairway, rough, and tee box levels of turf on it for whatever shots you want to practice, plus it comes with a rubber tee. going to set it up tomorrow and start firing away. found cheap balls at walmart this morning - i think they may be used but who cares - two dozen wilson balls for $11 that i plan to beat the snot out of.

I would love to beat the snot out of golf balls, but I think we are thinking about YouTube/Instagram videos with puppets talking about conspiracy theories.