• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things to do & watch while we're on lockdown?

Chuck

I was fortunate enough to see almost all of those games in person in 2002.  Here is how I would rate the games personally.  To me the single greatest game I have ever been to was game 6 and it isn’t even close.  Game 7 just felt like an after thought.  Game 3 against the Yankees (first home game), where the Angels came back from being down 4 runs was the 2nd best game I have attended.  After that it has to be game 7.  Go back and watch game 3 of the ALDS Angels versus Yankees, that was an amazing game and after winning that game, it was the first time I felt we could win it all.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I was fortunate enough to see almost all of those games in person in 2002.  Here is how I would rate the games personally.  To me the single greatest game I have ever been to was game 6 and it isn’t even close.  Game 7 just felt like an after thought.  Game 3 against the Yankees (first home game), where the Angels came back from being down 4 runs was the 2nd best game I have attended.  After that it has to be game 7.  Go back and watch game 3 of the ALDS Angels versus Yankees, that was an amazing game and after winning that game, it was the first time I felt we could win it all.  

I remember the look on Andy Petite's face when Wooten homered. He knew then that they were going to lose.

My dad, brother and I had pretty much resigned ourselves to loss in Game 6 when they went down 5-0. It's sad but for my brother and dad, they were pretty used to extreme disappointment. Hell my dad couldn't even watch highlights of '86. My brother was there as well.

For me, I was a newb and had only been truly following the team for about 4 years at the time. I also had anger issues and took it out on the team. I remember Salmon striking out and then going to my room. 

My dad was talking to my brother about how great the season was and they made it farther than expected blah blah.

Then Speez did the thing, and it was getting interesting. Then Erstad did the thing the next inning and I think we all knew they were going to win. 

Edited by tdawg87

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

My dad, brother and I had pretty much resigned ourselves to loss in Game 6 when they went down 5-0. It's sad but for my brother and dad, they were pretty used to extreme disappointment. Hell my dad couldn't even watch highlights of '86. My brother was there as well.

For me, I was a newb and had only been truly following the team for about 4 years at the time. I also had anger issues and took it out on the team. I remember Salmon striking out and then going to my room. 

My dad was talking to my brother about how great the season was and they made it farther than expected blah blah.

Then Speez did the thing, and it was getting interesting. Then Erstad did the thing the next inning and I think we all knew they were going to win. 

When we down 4-0 and Molina allowed a passed ball in the 7th, and then it became 5-0 I was about as mad as I have ever been at a sporting event.  I didn’t even stand up for the 7th inning stretch, I was moping in my seat.  Then the 3 run homer, then the Erstad homer, and I knew we had a chance.  Then we scored two more runs before they even recorded an out in the 8th.  It happened pretty damn fast in the 8th inning.  Homer was on the first pitch of the inning, then Salmon singled, Figgins pinch ran, then the “double” down the left field line where Figgins raced to third.  They changed pitchers, but at that point even though they were still down it was 2nd and 3rd no outs and Glaus up.  You knew he was going to get the tying run in at least.  Amazing feeling.  When the final out was made I knew the series was over.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

When we down 4-0 and Molina allowed a passed ball in the 7th, and then it became 5-0 I was about as mad as I have ever been at a sporting event.  I didn’t even stand up for the 7th inning stretch, I was moping in my seat.  Then the 3 run homer, then the Erstad homer, and I knew we had a chance.  Then we scored two more runs before they even recorded an out in the 8th.  It happened pretty damn fast in the 8th inning.  Homer was on the first pitch of the inning, then Salmon singled, Figgins pinch ran, then the “double” down the left field line where Figgins raced to third.  They changed pitchers, but at that point even though they were still down it was 2nd and 3rd no outs and Glaus up.  You knew he was going to get the tying run in at least.  Amazing feeling.  When the final out was made I knew the series was over.  

I thought Glaus' double was a no-doubter so I was kind of disappointed as that would have been an amazing cap to that game but the double was fine.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I thought Glaus' double was a no-doubter so I was kind of disappointed as that would have been an amazing cap to that game but the double was fine.

From my angle it was obvious it wasn’t going to be caught, and I remember watching the outfielders turn and run, I wasn’t sure if it had enough to get out, but off the bat, the sound of it, you could hear it which was nuts because of the thunder sticks.  

40 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This explains a lot. 😄

Just now, angelinkc said:

i never met anyone who beat that fucker. i lost damn decision once but normally last about 30 seconds.

My brother can. It's just that ridiculously quick timing before he throws an uppercut. Can't get into a groove. Then you gotta remember to block his next range of attacks while also getting hits in as quick as possible.

Those old school NES games didn't fuck around. I can count on one hand the number of games from that era I was actually able to beat.

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You forgot the part where Bonds looked like a complete doofus twice in the inning.  First getting the error trying to pick up Anderson's bloop single, dropping it numerous times as if saying my precious world series ring is disappearing.  Then when he was waiving his glove in vain trying to pretend to catch up to Glaus' rocket.   

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

My brother can. It's just that ridiculously quick timing before he throws an uppercut. Can't get into a groove. Then you gotta remember to block his next range of attacks while also getting hits in as quick as possible.

Those old school NES games didn't fuck around. I can count on one hand the number of games from that era I was actually able to beat.

Yie-Ar Kung-Fu was my jam! (Ask my brother, he knows)