• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Thaiss Makes Baseball America's 15 Players Turning Scouts' Heads At 2020 Spring Training

Chuck

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/fifteen-players-turning-scouts-heads-at-2020-spring-training/

Matt Thaiss, 3B/1B, Angels

Scout's Take: "He’s starting to show a lot more power. A lot of guys are taking notice. The power’s been coming the last couple of years. You always knew he had good feel for the zone (and) there’s obviously things you like in the box. It’s just always been so pull-heavy. But now he’s pull-heavy with pop, which isn’t bad … There’s just been a little more whip in his bat, he’s finding the barrel more (and) he’s putting together good at-bats. With the new balls and guys throwing harder and all that, I don’t see why he’s not a guy that you’re talking about 15-20 home runs, maybe even more.”

15-20 hrs for Thaiss is on the low side imo.  He hit 22 last year between AAA and the bigs for his age 24 season.  I think right now he's in the 20-25 range and when he reaches his prime in a couple year it will be in the 25-30 range with a couple of seasons at 30+.  I know that's optimistic, but I think people are underestimating him.  

A higher end comp for him could be a guy like Jeromy Burnitz.  

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

15-20 hrs for Thaiss is on the low side imo.  He hit 22 last year between AAA and the bigs for his age 24 season.  I think right now he's in the 20-25 range and when he reaches his prime in a couple year it will be in the 25-30 range with a couple of seasons at 30+.  

Yup...

His 162 game pace last  (449 ABs), at the MLB level had him finishing with 24 HRs... 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/thaisma01.shtml

On 3/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Should I start naming first basemen who never hit 20 that were busts?  How about I do it alphabetically, and I promise to limit it to 100 per letter.

Still waiting...

anxious-gif-5.gif

On 3/16/2020 at 6:48 AM, RendZone said:

Unfortunately he won’t see that many at bats until 2022. 

I could actually see him getting 400+ PA's in 2021.

You have to think that 1st base is going to get at least 4 PA per game, probably closer to 4.4, if the offense is rolling.

If they get 700 PA between them, then Albert getting 40% and Thaiss getting 60% could happen. Heck it could be 35% and 65%.

60% is 420 PA.