• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Suspends Spring Training, Delays Season Opener by at least 2 Weeks

• John Taylor changed the title to MLB Suspends Spring Training, Delays Season Opener by 2 Weeks
  • John Taylor changed the title to MLB Suspends Spring Training, Delays Season Opener by at least 2 Weeks
Just now, rafibomb said:

For those saying this is good news for Ohtani: I thought the purpose of having him in April were to save his innings towards the end of the season. Would this not just push his debut on the mound back even further? 

I don't think they're going to be playing 162 games this year.

Just now, rafibomb said:

For those saying this is good news for Ohtani: I thought the purpose of having him in April were to save his innings towards the end of the season. Would this not just push his debut on the mound back even further? 

Well, it they planned to have him pitch in 5 of the 6 months of the regular season and now there will only be 5 months...  Prolly not.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think they're going to be playing 162 games this year.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well, it they planned to have him pitch in 5 of the 6 months of the regular season and now there will only be 5 months...  Prolly not.

tenor.gif

Funny how everyone is intrested in the players getting paid, they all have certain contract guarantees but nobody at Anaheim stadium or Fox Sports West has those. Thousands of people are losing their income but let's worry about guys that are paid 10 times the national average (Trout over 100 times) even at MLB minimum. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Funny how everyone is intrested in the players getting paid, they all have certain contract guarantees but nobody at Anaheim stadium or Fox Sports West has those. Thousands of people are losing their income but let's worry about guys that are paid 10 times the national average (Trout over 100 times) even at MLB minimum. 

Two NBA teams (that I know of) have spoken on this issue. The Mavs have said they’re putting a program in place so those workers can still get paid. No specifics yet. The Warriors said, basically, “thoughts and prayers.”

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

It's hard to wrap my head around all of this...  It's simply unbelievable. It really is like a movie.

It's pretty insane. Never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime.

I think the Jazz player getting infected was the final domino. 

On one hand I think it's a complete overreaction, but on the other hand it's likely going help in the long run. 

In some ways it feels like an overreaction but looking at what's going on in Italy and the incompetency we've seen here so far in simply getting testing done here maybe not.  I think this is a long term play and it's the right one.  If too many people get sick at the same time and need medical help it's going to overburden the healthcare system. 

Hopefully this doesn't throw a wrench in Albert being in the best shape of his life.