• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will MLB season be postponed?

kevinb

Will MLB season be postponed?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will MLB season be postponed?

• Yes
    • No

44 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’m heading out to spring training this weekend. I’m wondering if they’ll boot the fans like NCAA basketball. 

Might want to head out for Saturday & Sunday's game because it's raining this week before then.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 10.31.51 PM.png

I think they’ll postpone April’s games and try again in May. There’s too much activity and worry right now for people to feel comfy at a ballpark.

They also have to be concerned about player safety, and airports and airplanes are notorious viral breeding grounds.

They need to let the current fervor settle down or else they’ll look callous.

No one knows how many people are really positive with Covid-19 in the U.S..  The testing has been so limited for a variety of reasons, it's generally a botched effort.  When testing is thoroughly underway then we will see just how serious this virus really is, where it's concentrated, and what can be done to mitigate it.  It's not just a shut off the borders issue, or a travel issue, it's already here and how badly remains to be seen.  It's in everyones best interest to take measures that seem radical right now, but necessary to save lives.  Yes, I think the season will at least be postponed, maybe the rest of Spring Training as well.

Yeah probably. It's only a matter of time before a player or coach gets the coronavirus. It's going to happen. Hopefully it will be a player because they won't be affected too much by it. A coach is likely at a higher risk.

If God is a fan of baseball, it will be Bregman that gets it first.

It's going to be bad. I wouldn't be shocked if the season gets cancelled. 

My dad is pretty senior at a local public hospital. They had an expert come in and talk about the hospitals response plan. They are expecting it to be bad and last a year. They are hopeful that warm temps help to kill it so it's more dormant during the summer, but it may then bounce back in the fall.

52 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

It's going to be bad. I wouldn't be shocked if the season gets cancelled. 

My dad is pretty senior at a local public hospital. They had an expert come in and talk about the hospitals response plan. They are expecting it to be bad and last a year. They are hopeful that warm temps help to kill it so it's more dormant during the summer, but it may then bounce back in the fall.

The warm temperatures can slow the transmission but it doesn't necessarily kill the virus.  The virus happily resides in an environment that averages 98 degrees Fahrenheit.

Honestly, i think it must.  If they dont at this point and it passes or creates a cluster, all hell will break lose.
with other leagues taking action they must follow suit.
Unfortunately considering we are in ST this impact might be severe.  ST may have to restart to ensure players are in game shape.  Also the season will need to be shortened by a large margin as there i no way your playing game in NY in Dec. 
There is no choice, at this point evne playing ST games might be considered careless.
I dont know the reality versus the hype at this point, i think ts impossible to tell, but with everyone else taking action, there is little choice. 

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I don't see how they couldn't.  Some states/cities are telling people not to go to gatherings of more than 250 people.  Best thing to do is postpone, hopefully everything calms down and they've got a better grasp of the situation.  

And at small gatherings they’re requesting that you try to stay at least six feet apart. Like Stradling and I. 😆

43 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The warm temperatures can slow the transmission but it doesn't necessarily kill the virus.  The virus happily resides in an environment that averages 98 degrees Fahrenheit.

Bixby knolls will be virus free in a couple months.