• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

• 2 months later...

Yesterday members of the Triumph club brought their cars and met at an informal car show at our local Von's parking lot and then attended a post show dinner we hosted. Most of the attendees at this car show, and there were hundreds, ignored mask protocols. 

12 people in our backyard for the first time in over a year for drinks and BBQ. It felt good to have a gathering again, most all of the events for the calendar year were cancelled due to Covid. Our protocol was simply enjoy the food, company and sunset. 

I was the only one that hadn't had their 2nd vaccination, I get mine next Monday. I see little reason to not have more club events from here on out. 

On 4/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, Blarg said:

Yesterday members of the Triumph club brought their cars and met at an informal car show at our local Von's parking lot and then attended a post show dinner we hosted. Most of the attendees at this car show, and there were hundreds, ignored mask protocols. 

12 people in our backyard for the first time in over a year for drinks and BBQ. It felt good to have a gathering again, most all of the events for the calendar year were cancelled due to Covid. Our protocol was simply enjoy the food, company and sunset. 

I was the only one that hadn't had their 2nd vaccination, I get mine next Monday. I see little reason to not have more club events from here on out. 

i thought for sure you were going to say you met near a place with a great towing service.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Wow, this one sucks.  Not surprising though, considering things have been shut down for over a year.

Arclight Cinemas And Pacific Theatres Won’t Be Reopening; Parent Company Decurion Hands Keys Back To Landlords

odd that they choose to close right as theaters are starting to open back up.

saw one of the star wars movies in the cineramadome. also saw blind date there with my GF - got to make out and get some bewb in the process.

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Someone will buy the Cineramadome and open it back up for movies.

Or maybe it will be high rise condos like everything else being built around there.

Question is, whoever buys it, will they keep up the quality of the previous guys?  

Thing I liked about arclight, sound and picture quality were always top notch.  Tickets were probably 2x what AMC was.  But the other benefit of the high prices were it kept out the teens and kids and even younger adults.  Really kept it to the snobby I'm here to watch the movie I'll be quiet types.  

Also, since the Culver City rent prices were kind of leaked, they calculated how much yearly rent was for the Culver location.  $2 million.  And you look at all the Arclight locations, they are all in high rent areas at least in LA.  Hollywood, Culver, Pasadena, Santa Monica, with the outlier in Van Nuys.  With a Pacific at the Grove.  Whoever takes it over will have to deal with that aspect. 

Someone with deep pockets is going to have to take it over.  But if someone with deep pockets, but has skin in the game like a Netflix or Amazon or even a studio buys it.  It might even be worse, because they will push their films.  This was the case with Disney.  For a while, Disney would not let their big films be shown at Arclight Hollywood, because it would compete with El Capitans attendance.  

we're now down to very few theaters left in glendale with the americana theaters closing. we also lost one of those places that serves higher end food & drink (don't know the name and didn't care for it all that much). we have a regal theater with 12 screens and that's it. 

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

Negative.

Nachos are a gringo thing.

Nachos originated in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, just over the border from Eagle Pass, Texas. Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya created nachos at the Victory Club in 1940 when Mamie Finan, a regular customer, asked if Anaya could bring her and three other women a different snack than usual.

It's definitely a Mexican thing. Kind of like the Caeser salad that was first introduced in Tijuana but was created by an Italian immigrant. It's still Mexican in origin. 

Just now, Slegnaac said:

Who is going to take over the Cinerama Dome?

That's the question.  It's a weird one too, because from what I can understand, the family of the company that owns Arclight, owns the dome.  It seems Santa Monica and Culver City which are in litigation (culver city pays $2 million in rent a year from one article I saw) is leased.  

Not surprising.

Parent Company of These 6 Restaurant Chains Just Declared Bankruptcy

According to court documents reviewed by Restaurant Business, the company entered the pandemic with as many as 90 restaurants under the brands Ryan's, Old Country Buffet, HomeTown Buffet, Fire Mountain, and Furr's, all of which are buffet chains, and Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse chain in California. All but six locations of Tahoe Joe's are currently operational.

A mid tier steakhouse that used Sous Vide to pre cook steaks on a menu featuring a western gold rush theme. There was one in Chino Hills that closed during Covid even though they had built in outdoor dining. The steaks, no matter how you asked to be prepared, always seemed a little dried out. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

A mid tier steakhouse that used Sous Vide to pre cook steaks on a menu featuring a western gold rush theme. There was one in Chino Hills that closed during Covid even though they had built in outdoor dining. The steaks, no matter how you asked to be prepared, always seemed a little dried out. 

I ate at one in Roseville and was not impressed