• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Farm System Rankings

Fish Oil

Just now, Kevinb said:

Thanks I know how contracts work. I’m asking you if you don’t think 4 years is enough time to build a farm. What is your opinion on how long GMs and even Managers contracts should be for ? 

Well I think when a GM takes over a team that was described as having the worst farm system in the history of baseball and that the GM was given very little of value to trade on the major league roster, those things should be considered when giving an expectation of building a farm.  So I guess the answer is, it depends on the situation.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well I think when a GM takes over a team that was described as having the worst farm system in the history of baseball and that the GM was given very little of value to trade on the major league roster, those things should be considered when giving an expectation of building a farm.  So I guess the answer is, it depends on the situation.  

No longer the worst. 26th!! He’s upgraded the Angels. 

44 minutes ago, TroutCron said:

The Angels have two players from their system that they drafted and developed. Trout is a savant who needed very little seasoning and Fletcher. That is not a lot to show for the organization’s ability to draft and develop. The Angels tend to draft “high floor types instead of high ceiling types. I think the whole organization needs an overhaul, new GM, Farm director, Scouts and new player development people.  

did you run this post through a time machine?  

that's a narrative from four years ago.  

the reason we haven't seen much from the draft over the last four years is the complete opposite.  

The Angels have drafted five college players in the first four rounds over the last four years.  The rest have been high upside HS guys.  Hence the reason you haven't seen them yet.  

Two of the four are major league players.  

four college players

Thaiss - majors
Canning - Majors
Hernandez - very good AFL - drafted in 2018
Wilson - traded for Cozart salary relief
Bradish - traded for Bundy

HS players

Marsh - 50th or so best prospect in baseball
Williams - likely burnt
Rodriguez - top of the rotation potential.  needs to stay healthy
Pearson - traded to get money for Ohtani
Swanda - TJ last year.  still had potential
Adams - fringe top 100 at age 20.  reach A+ ball
Jackson - broke the pioneer league hr record.  fringe top 100  
Paris - big potential.  18 years old.  has played 3 pro games
Kochanowicz - top of the rotation potential.  hasn't played a pro game.  
Erik Rivera - two way guy with high ceiling.  big time boom or bust.  
Bonus - fifth rounder from 2018.  high ceiling two way guy.  

this doesn't include all the high ceiling guys on the international side.  

I'm not gonna say that I know that it's working but it's a hell of a lot better than it was.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yea, you are a toolb.  

I’m sorry you disagree. He’s brought the major league club some talent. With Adell and Marsh in the way. This team will be good for a long period of time. Especially once he gets his extension when this team wins the west. Sorry u don’t revert to name calling. Thanks for that. Always appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’m sorry you disagree. He’s brought the major league club some talent. With Adell and Marsh in the way. This team will be good for a long period of time. Especially once he gets his extension when this team wins the west. Sorry u don’t revert to name calling. Thanks for that. Always appreciated. 

Dude you implied I didn't have a job because of my post count. Don't be a bitchb.

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

So I know, who described the Angels farm system this way in October 2015?

Not trying to be difficult but "history of baseball" is a large sample.

Maybe not worst in "the history of baseball" but:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.halosheaven.com/platform/amp/2016/2/10/10960854/keith-law-ranks-angels-farm-system-dead-last-says-its-worst-ive-ever

36 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yeah, that article is pretty rough. I didn't really follow our prospects back then so I just pulled up our MLB.com 2016 prospect watch and it's pretty brutal.

The top four was Thaiss/Jones/Ward/Marsh and Eppler had just drafted Thaiss and Marsh in his first draft. Four years later and none of those four have helped the big league team - yet. Point is we had no major league ready players in the system when Eppler took over. None. In fact the only player in the 2016 top 30 to have a sustained positive impact in the last four years is David Fletcher at #8.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016/?list=ana

the year before was worse.