• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Farm System Rankings

Fish Oil

Just now, Kevinb said:

Again completely disagree. You have no idea what they do to gather their information. So now your saying our 15-30 prospects are better than everyone else's 15-30 prospects? I mean what are you trying to get at. I get again trying to defend the Angels because of reasons. But even so they are looking at prospects as a whole. They are looking at it compared to other organizations. Then giving their ranking. But ya you're right I am sure they get no money from a free site and people looking at it. Who are they hearing we don't have a great system from? Like insiders? People in the know? Wouldn't that information be valid then? Interesting. 

I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

First off, I never said our "15-30 prospects are better than everyone elses" so yeah. That's you. You said that.

And what do you mean they're looking at prospects as a whole? Are you saying they aren't actually looking at individual prospects at all? No fucking way!

Your point about us "not having a great system" is spot on. I don't think you understand why though. We don't have a great system. No one anywhere has or would say that. In fact I said we're "average at best" in a post you yourself quoted. So yes, they are getting that information from sources better than their own. Good catch!

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Again completely disagree. You have no idea what they do to gather their information. So now your saying our 15-30 prospects are better than everyone else's 15-30 prospects? I mean what are you trying to get at. I get again trying to defend the Angels because of reasons. But even so they are looking at prospects as a whole. They are looking at it compared to other organizations. Then giving their ranking. But ya you're right I am sure they get no money from a free site and people looking at it. Who are they hearing we don't have a great system from? Like insiders? People in the know? Wouldn't that information be valid then? Interesting. 

I think what you're missing is that it's not really a comprehensive evaluation of each system.  Not to the extent you might think.  It's really only about the top 10-15 guys in every system at most and then a general consensus on the 'the rest'.  

when you say there isn't bias, you are completely wrong.  It's pure bias.  

the difference between being ranked 25th or 12th might be two or three guys that one or two guys at mlb really like for one system and don't like for another.  

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

First off, I never said our "15-30 prospects are better than everyone elses" so yeah. That's you. You said that.

And what do you mean they're looking at prospects as a whole? Are you saying they aren't actually looking at individual prospects at all? No fucking way!

Your point about us "not having a great system" is spot on. I don't think you understand why though. We don't have a great system. No one anywhere has or would say that. In fact I said we're "average at best" in a post you yourself quoted. So yes, they are getting that information from sources better than their own. Good catch!

Middle of the pack at best. I am sorry but this prospect ranking didn't suggest our prospect list was middle of the pack it said it's near the bottom. I am saying that the people who's jobs is it to gather information more information than we have are creating these lists and ranking these prospects accordingly. Through sources and other stuff. I have no idea how they get their information but I know they are getting more information than we on this sites as fans have. It is their jobs to talk to insiders etc. So I will take their grades of our prospects over a fan sites grades of prospects. They have less bias than we currently have of our own team we root for. Second off you never said that the Angels 15-30 prospects are better than everyone else's you implied that the people who work for a baseball site aren't watching them and that they should be ranked higher. Either way you're wrong. These people who work for these sites are gathering information on individual players, ranking them accordingly, then ranking each major league clubs system accordingly and ranking them against other major league clubs systems and comparing and contrasting to see who's is the best. Whether you agree with how they do their jobs is neither here nor there you can debate it all you want, but that's how they do this. I am sorry it doesn't paint the Angels in a good light, it bums me out as well that the Angels are ranked higher. But it is what it is again it's just information and more information than we currently have. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think what you're missing is that it's not really a comprehensive evaluation of each system.  Not to the extent you might think.  It's really only about the top 10-15 guys in every system at most and then a general consensus on the 'the rest'.  

when you say there isn't bias, you are completely wrong.  It's pure bias.  

the difference between being ranked 25th or 12th might be two or three guys that one or two guys at mlb really like for one system and don't like for another.  

Where's the bias? Why would they have bias? What would that benefit them to have a bias? Even if I would agree everyone has instinctive biases. There bias is much less than a bias of a fan site would have for their fans major league club. 

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Middle of the pack at best. I am sorry but this prospect ranking didn't suggest our prospect list was middle of the pack it said it's near the bottom. I am saying that the people who's jobs is it to gather information more information than we have are creating these lists and ranking these prospects accordingly. Through sources and other stuff. I have no idea how they get their information but I know they are getting more information than we on this sites as fans have. It is their jobs to talk to insiders etc. So I will take their grades of our prospects over a fan sites grades of prospects. They have less bias than we currently have of our own team we root for. Second off you never said that the Angels 15-30 prospects are better than everyone else's you implied that the people who work for a baseball site aren't watching them and that they should be ranked higher. Either way you're wrong. These people who work for these sites are gathering information on individual players, ranking them accordingly, then ranking each major league clubs system accordingly and ranking them against other major league clubs systems and comparing and contrasting to see who's is the best. Whether you agree with how they do their jobs is neither here nor there you can debate it all you want, but that's how they do this. I am sorry it doesn't paint the Angels in a good light, it bums me out as well that the Angels are ranked higher. But it is what it is again it's just information and more information than we currently have. 

WALL OF TEXT BASED OFF A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT

No one does their job, they just copy paste, have no information, they're wrong, biased...blah blah blah. Yep good response. CAPS LOCK!

That was kind of a weird post at the end there but the first part was spot on.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

That was kind of a weird post at the end there but the first part was spot on.

As someone who has over 30k posts on a fan site. I agree at least one of us doesn't do their jobs. But I will guess that the people who are writing for sites and ranking prospects do their jobs at least to some degree. But hey the media is out to get the Angels for reasons. If you don't like their prospect ranks, I suggest going and doing some more research and getting sources to gather that information. Making your own opinions rather than just stating "average at best" which gives absolutely zero insight and just says nothing. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

As someone who has over 30k posts on a fan site. I agree at least one of us doesn't do their jobs. But I will guess that the people who are writing for sites and ranking prospects do their jobs at least to some degree. But hey the media is out to get the Angels for reasons. If you don't like their prospect ranks, I suggest going and doing some more research and getting sources to gather that information. Making your own opinions rather than just stating "average at best" which gives absolutely zero insight and just says nothing. 

Considering I post from my phone your shot at my work ethic is unfounded and entirely stupid, kind of like every other post you have made in this thread.

Try harder.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Considering I post from my phone your shot at my work ethic is unfounded and entirely stupid, kind of like every other post you have made in this thread.

Try harder.

So if it's on your phone that means you're doing work. Got it. But these people who are writers for an MLB.com website don't. REASONS! 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And just like that kevinb is backb

Back at what? Arguing against people saying these writers don't know what they are talking about? Because they have the Angels ranked low? It's dumb. Take the information for what it is. You don't have to agree with it, but it's information. These people have jobs as well. To think no one does theirs is plain stupid. This isn't some half assed random site that no ones heard of it's MLB.com but yep I am the bad guy for saying it's information. If you want to @ me then do it, don't try to be sly and try and talk ish cause reasons. 

These people have jobs as well. To think no one does theirs is plain stupid......don't try to be sly and try and talk ish cause reasons. 

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

As someone who has over 30k posts on a fan site. I agree at least one of us doesn't do their jobs. But I will guess that the people who are writing for sites and ranking prospects do their jobs at least to some degree.

12 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Back at what? Arguing against people saying these writers don't know what they are talking about? Because they have the Angels ranked low? It's dumb. Take the information for what it is. You don't have to agree with it, but it's information. These people have jobs as well. To think no one does theirs is plain stupid. This isn't some half assed random site that no ones heard of it's MLB.com but yep I am the bad guy for saying it's information. If you want to @ me then do it, don't try to be sly and try and talk ish cause reasons. 

Ok, I think you are being extremely stupid in this thread.  You are putting words in people’s mouths to “strengthen” your argument.  I don’t have to be sly, because I am perfectly comfortable letting people know they are acting dumbb.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Thats not the issue.... The issue is not enough people are blaming him. 

I think what the issue is, and I don't wanna speak for @mymerlincat, is that people have talked up the farm system a lot and the farm system hasn't really improved that much in the rankings. So what is all the hype about an improved farm system if it hasn't improved that much. But maybe he wants people to bag on Eppler I don't know?