• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

this is not correct. obviously a young healthy person is significantly more likely to have less complications, but we have seen very healthy people have very serious problems from this virus. she needs to remember the best advice that any doctor has given in this time which is, don't act like you're trying not to get it. act like you have it and you're trying not to spread it.

He clearly stated in his post that her place of work is stressing cleanliness, hand washing, masks, etc. We can debate how essential a Dunkin Donuts actually is but it's an eating establishment that is taking precautions so in that regard they are acting to avoid spreading it

6 hours ago, ukyah said:

this is not correct. obviously a young healthy person is significantly more likely to have less complications, but we have seen very healthy people have very serious problems from this virus. she needs to remember the best advice that any doctor has given in this time which is, don't act like you're trying not to get it. act like you have it and you're trying not to spread it.

A 17-year-old died in Los Angeles County two days ago.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:19 AM, Dochalo said:

my grandma passed today at the ripe age of 100 but no one could be by her side because she was in the hospital.  she was such a sweet sweet lady.  truly not a bad bone in her body.  

Very sorry that circumstances conspired against you and that you were unable to be there. People of that age can be a delight, and a wealth of information. My grandfather passed away in January 2000 at age 100, sounds a lot like your grandma. He was 12 years old when Titanic sank, and he could tell you all about the local accounts of the sinking.

15 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It sounds like he does.  Hopefully he recovers soon.  Also, extremely ill advised to take the tough guy approach and try and “hold off”

if you start having trouble breathing, even a little that’s red alert time to go to the hospital, immediately. 

What do they do for you if you have that?

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Very sorry that circumstances conspired against you and that you were unable to be there. People of that age can be a delight, and a wealth of information. My grandfather passed away in January 2000 at age 100, sounds a lot like your grandma. He was 12 years old when Titanic sank, and he could tell you all about the local accounts of the sinking.

thanks VHF.  your Grandpa sounds like he was a cool dude.  

also I just realized that your initials are VHF which is kinda cool.  At least I think so.  

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

He clearly stated in his post that her place of work is stressing cleanliness, hand washing, masks, etc. We can debate how essential a Dunkin Donuts actually is but it's an eating establishment that is taking precautions so in that regard they are acting to avoid spreading it

my emphasis to your comment was on regarding her age. 

16 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The problem here lies in the customers who come in spreading it to the employees. There is nothing Dunkies can do about this happening, no matter how clean they think their store is. 

21 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Being on a ventilator is the worst, I hope none of you ever need it.

For those who are not familiar with it, 60 minutes ran scenes and interviewed doctors and nurses about ventilator patients tonight.  Very, very sad especially just before the patient is sedated they have to remotely say goodbye to their loved ones for fear of contamination.

35 minutes ago, tomsred said:

For those who are not familiar with it, 60 minutes ran scenes and interviewed doctors and nurses about ventilator patients tonight.  Very, very sad especially just before the patient is sedated they have to remotely say goodbye to their loved ones for fear of contamination.

Wait a minute.

60 Minutes is still on the air? 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

The problem here lies in the customers who come in spreading it to the employees. There is nothing Dunkies can do about this happening, no matter how clean they think their store is. 

Well customers are the biggest drag on any business. Other than money what do they bring to any situation? Any business open to the public is susceptible

11 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Well customers are the biggest drag on any business. Other than money what do they bring to any situation? Any business open to the public is susceptible

Exactly. And for this reason, I wouldn't want my daughter working there if I were him. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Exactly. And for this reason, I wouldn't want my daughter working there if I were him. 

I wouldn't want it either but at some point what I want isn't the determining factor in what my daughters do. You state your position and hope that your lifetime of influence helps guide them. Sometimes they choose to be guided by your stubbornness instead of your logic

11 hours ago, notherhalo said:

What do they do for you if you have that?

Getting on a ventilator for one, to help you breathe properly. Not sure if there are any other protocols but your ability to breathe properly is what the coronavirus can impact most.

• 8 months later...