• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poor Barry Bonds

Taylor

On 3/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, nate said:

I really hope he never makes it into the HOF, dude is such a crybaby, I bet if he had just admitted to it he probably would have made it in.

I have good reason to “hate” Barry Bonds personally because he really was a dick.  But I never ever translate that into who I want in the HOF.

I think we have all missed the mark if we are even remotely considering how the player will FEEL personally in being named as a HOFer.

While it is obvious that the player will feel rewarded or deprived in being in or out, the HOF should be a museum pursuing historical accuracy, not doling out moments of players feeling awarded.  The decision should be rooted in whose career was worthy of being recognized as among the greatest players.  The moment you let the “I don’t want him to FEEL rewarded” into the equation, you have contaminated the process to the detriment of historical accuracy.

My point above has to do with people hating Bonds for being a dick.  He was a dick.  His steroid use is another subject entirely.

Being very specific here, I can respect a writer for not voting for Bonds because of steroid use. I would have no respect for a writer that won’t vote for him because he was a dick and just wants to deprive the dick from the personal satisfaction of being inducted.

Edited by Dtwncbad