• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bullpen Update

Need pitchers who can give u multiple inn. So I put Taylor Cole, Noe Ramirez and Jose Rodriquez in it. Fill out pen Robles, Buchter, Middleton, Buttrery (if healthy) and Bedrosian. Have Andriese in rotation with Heaney, Bundy, Teheran and Barria. Do not know which pitchers have options left like Peters, Bard or Barnes. 

5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I really like what I've seen out of Barnes this spring. Reminds me of a Justin Anderson with control.

I always support the idea of opening the season with minor league invitees/out-of-options because it helps preserve some depth - even if it means someone “better” starts the year in SLC. 

Not hard to cut someone like Barnes or Buchter or even Neil Ramirez (if he somehow turns things around) after a couple April appearances and replace from within. 

I too hope that Buchter and Barnes make the club based off what I’ve seen so far. 

Edited by totdprods

Buchter, yes

I'm still leery of Barnes though, due to the really high WHIP in 2018-2019 for the Brewers.

If Andriese does start the year in the rotation, my bullpen would be Undertaker, Middleton, Buttrey, Ramirez, Buchter, Bedrock Jr., Keller, Peters.    

Edited by Angel Oracle

52 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Buchter, yes

I'm still leery of Barnes though, due to the really high WHIP in 2018-2019 for the Brewers.

If Andriese does start the year in the rotation, my bullpen would be Undertaker, Middleton, Buttrey, Ramirez, Buchter, Bedrock Jr., Keller, Peters.    

Yeah, but like I said, why not give him a shot for couple weeks just to maintain some depth? Mayers also looked good yesterday but I think he has options still.

I think I saw Buchter also has options still, but like Barnes, would have to bump someone from the 40 to keep them. 

39 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yeah, but like I said, why not give him a shot for couple weeks just to maintain some depth? Mayers also looked good yesterday but I think he has options still.

I think I saw Buchter also has options still, but like Barnes, would have to bump someone from the 40 to keep them. 

Mayers does not have any options left. He either makes it or he is cut. So far, in the limited sample size, he has been good peripherally but not results-wise. I say keep him on the roster if they can at this point.

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

Mayers does not have any options left. He either makes it or he is cut. So far, in the limited sample size, he has been good peripherally but not results-wise. I say keep him on the roster if they can at this point.

Then Mayers becomes the example I’m trying to talk up, over Barnes since he’s not on the 40. 

Unless someone like Barnes wildly outperforms Mayers this spring, I would defer to keeping both and starting with Mayers in the pen since he’s on the 40, rather than losing one.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Everyone gives Bedrosian on spot, I just feel there are better options for this team.

Unless he's hurt, he has a spot because they need reliable BP arms.  Eppler has brought a lot of guys to camp that could fill a roll like that but none of them have Cam's history nor put up 3.23 ERA 141 ERA+ 1.141 WHIP in 61.1 IP last season with a 9.4 K/9.  Some of the other guys have options and will likely start in AAA as depth.  Not to mention they already negotiated a $2.8 m contract for next season. 

Kyle Keller and Jose Quijada both can strike out some guys but have issues with walks.

Mike Mayers has never really been good in any of his stints in the MLB.

Ryan Buchter is interesting and could be in the mix.

Jose Rodriguez may be something at some point.

J.C. Ramirez is a "?".

Luke Bard is someone they hope reaches their potential at some point.

Taylor Cole has talent but is inconsistent.

Matt Ball, Jacob Barnes, Adrian De Horta, Parker Markel, Hoby Milner, Neil Ramirez, Jake Thompson.

Looking at the bullpen options as a whole, he's one of the few guys that you can anticipate some kind of decent performance from next season.