• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

Angels fire clubhouse manager

15 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

There is a lot that goes into being the visitor’s clubhouse manager. I’ve read about a few different ones over the years. If you’re interested, @tdawg87, here is a write up on PHI’s visitor’s clubhouse guy and what the job entails. FWIW, Ryne Sandberg thanked CHC’s longtime clubhouse manager in his HoF speech.

https://philliesinsider.mlblogs.com/behind-the-scene-manager-visiting-clubhouse-7364f116ad5?gi=4ab540808622

that's a very cool article.  Those guys are pampered six ways from Sunday.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a designated ass wiper.  what a racket. 

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At first I wasn't convinced, but then I saw all the exclamation marks and agreed with you.

The Angels cheated......against themselves.

after that, shrimpin' was easy.  

Posted Images

Sources: Angels fire visiting clubhouse manager for aiding opposing pitchers https://es.pn/2InqO9Z

@tdawg87I couldn't get the LAT article to open on my phone, but I read this one from ESPN which has some details. This story still doesn't make a lot of sense, and I was also surprised to learn that a "visiting Clubhouse manager" even exists. Wtf. 

Yea, I knew there was such thing as visiting and home team clubhouse managers and of course other attendants.  I also know that these guys, at least in the visiting clubhouse, get tipped by the players for taking care of their uniforms, the clubhouse and other tasks they are slated with.  My guess, and this is only a guess, is “Bubba” was getting pretty damn good tips for providing this for the pitchers on the visiting team.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I knew there was such thing as visiting and home team clubhouse managers and of course other attendants.  I also know that these guys, at least in the visiting clubhouse, get tipped by the players for taking care of their uniforms, the clubhouse and other tasks they are slated with.  My guess, and this is only a guess, is “Bubba” was getting pretty damn good tips for providing this for the pitchers on the visiting team.  

There’s actually an ATM outside the visiting clubhouse specifically so the players can grab cash to tip the clubhouse manager. Dead serious.