• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire clubhouse manager

m0nkey

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I used to have a picture of Dennis Kuhl practically swimming in Coors Light, but i couldn't find it.

Who is in charge of the day to day operations?

https://www.mlb.com/angels/team/front-office

Not sure, probably Carpino.  Not that it matters.  One employee giving others drugs certainly isn’t something out of the ordinary in society.  As for the cheating it would be interesting to find out how it came out.   I know the story came out that MLB told the Angels but it’s possible it came from a guy like Bundy who pitches for us now and knew it was happening before. 

I've already detected one problem
Two guys oversee KLAA and neither one fires Roger Lodge.

Dennis Kuhl Chairman

Dennis Kuhl begins his 16th season with the Angels after joining the Club on November 10, 2003. He was initially appointed as the Angels' seventh President before a promotion to Chairman on November 14, 2009.   Kuhl's focus centers on renewed efforts in the area of civic affairs and community outreach. Kuhl also oversees the Angels' flagship radio station KLAA AM830.

John Carpino President

He has created a stronger, more viable partnership with Los Angeles-based radio and television partners, and oversees KLAA AM830, the radio flagship of the Angels. 

i think bubba got hosed. it sounds like he wasn't cheating at all, but rather prepping the balls as the clubhouse manager for the visiting pitchers. mlb allowed this "violation" of the rules for many many years because of player safety. now, due to the astros and "cheating" being a buzzword around mlb, they've decided to enforce this rule and a guy like bubba gets the shaft.

7 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i think bubba got hosed. it sounds like he wasn't cheating at all, but rather prepping the balls as the clubhouse manager for the visiting pitchers. mlb allowed this "violation" of the rules for many many years because of player safety. now, due to the astros and "cheating" being a buzzword around mlb, they've decided to enforce this rule and a guy like bubba gets the shaft.

So the Home pitchers' balls are prepped in the same way as the visitors? Because of player safety?

Guess everybody is cheating then.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

So the Home pitchers' balls are prepped in the same way as the visitors? Because of player safety?

Guess everybody is cheating then.

yes, everybody is cheating in this regard. heaney, bundy and other angel pitchers semi-openly talked about doing it themselves. it's well know to aid the pitcher's in control, which is to the hitter's benefit in regards to his safety. this is all well traveled and discussed. you can literally find it everywhere.

i'm 100% against cheating, but this isn't cheating to get an edge. this is mlb and it's players allowing a bending of the written rule because it benefits all parties. the pitchers, the hitters and the franchises that have to pay for contracts and injuries.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

I haven’t heard that.

I think he was providing pitchers a pine tar based substance that the pitchers used to get a better grip on the ball. I don’t think he   had access to the baseballs before a game. 

my other response alluded to it, but you can find angel pitchers, etc. talking about how the rosin bags don't help and actually hinder gripping the baseball. they talk about pine tar for grip, acknowledging that it can help spin rate somewhat, but the real advantage is not losing control of your fastball. we will see this season if there is an increase in hit batters, allowing for the houston factor. lol.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, ukyah said:

Where did you read this?

On 3/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, ukyah said:

He was selling this "Go Go Juice" on the side for his own profit.

He didn't get hosed. He got rightfully fired.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2020-03-06/angels-employee-bubba-harkins-sold-homemade-substance-pitchers-applied-to-baseballs

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

He was selling this "Go Go Juice" on the side for his own profit.

He didn't get hosed. He got rightfully fired.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2020-03-06/angels-employee-bubba-harkins-sold-homemade-substance-pitchers-applied-to-baseballs

i'm interested in the article, but i don't subscribe to the LA times. care to give me deets?

i'm open to listening to new information, but everything i've heard SO FAR is what i've already expressed.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, mmc said:

What I like about this is that the opening statements will include the Defense giggling, waving their hand at the paralegals who are dying but trying to do it discreetly, while saying "do it! You have to do it!"

And the Defense will open with "Mr. Bubba. Will you please tell the court about how you made Mr. Coles balls sticky?"

And Carpino is like "oh, real mature."

And the Judge bangs the gavel, saying "order in the court", but he's laughing too.