• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Political Donations

Your Political Donations the Last Two Elections  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Have You Donated

• $0-50
    • $50-200
    • $200-1,000
    • $1,000+
  2. 2. Which Party?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • None

So much political activism by keyboard but not wallet. It seems interesting how party ingrained many here are and yet don't participate in funding the candidates they want, leaving it to corporations. I'm not saying I am any different, I have never gave a dime to any political party nor volunteered my time and never will. But we do seem to have the governence that is representated by who paid for it. 

Meanwhile an obnoxious man child is in office and the response appears to be to push a senile has been on to the nomination as the other option. This can't be what public donations were aiming for and yet, here we are. 

If I were to ever donate to a politician or political cause it would be at the local level where I think it may actually impact my life.  No politician at the state or federal level that has a chance needs my money, any money I provide isn't going to make them think of the little guy and regardless of the outcome of elections it's not going to ruin my day or have me rooting against whoever ends up in office.  If they did away with political funding from corporations, lobbying and so on perhaps people would feel more inclined to donate time or money to candidates but as it is right now most politicians care about the average voter as much a they need to in order to get elected.

On a related note every time I do my taxes I always wonder how many people are checking yes for the $3 donation to the presidential election.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

So much political activism by keyboard but not wallet. It seems interesting how party ingrained many here are and yet don't participate in funding the candidates they want, leaving it to corporations. I'm not saying I am any different, I have never gave a dime to any political party nor volunteered my time and never will. But we do seem to have the governence that is representated by who paid for it. 

Meanwhile an obnoxious man child is in office and the response appears to be to push a senile has been on to the nomination as the other option. This can't be what public donations were aiming for and yet, here we are. 

Sir, this is an Arby's.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

On a related note every time I do my taxes I always wonder how many people are checking yes for the $3 donation to the presidential election.

the first couple of years i filed i checked that box. it was only a dollar then. haven't checked that box since the mid-80s, however. they already get enough of my money.