• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Y: Fan seriously injured during assault at Wednesday’s Nationals-Orioles game in Baltimore

I don't mind a little back and forth, but when it gets to threats and assault, it has gone over the line. Most of the games I attend at the Big A are Yankees-Angels, with the wife in Yankee gear and me in my Angels jersey. Most people are good natured about it (like the couple we met outside the stadium last time with a similar setup - wife was an Angel fan, husband was a pinstriper) , but there are always those few assholes who want to take things further. They get personal about it, and it makes you not even want to go to a game anymore. A drunk wanted to fight me at Dodger Stadium because I was there in a Braves jersey. I hadn't even spoken to him.

I was standing next to Eddie Murray outside the stadium after a game back in the early 1980's when two idiots tried to get in a fight with him. They were short little guys and Murray just stood there glaring at them. He could have killed them. The guy was a rock.

Nothing ever happened, but I never got his autograph in all the excitement.