• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fletcher

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

....is going to win a batting title.  Maybe not this year, but at least once in the next three years.  

My first reaction was "No way." But then I thought about it and I could see it happening. I mean, think of a sampling guys who have done it over the last 20 years: Tim Anderson (who?), DJ LeMahieu, Dee Gordon, Michael Cuddyer, Freddy Sanchez, Michael Young, Bill Mueller, etc. Usually it requires a .330+ BA, but occasionally someone hits in the .320s or even lower and sneaks one in (e.g. Justin Morneau's .319 in 2014...forgot about him, MVP in 2006).

I could see Fletcher having several seasons over .300, maybe even one at .320 or better. 

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

....is going to win a batting title.  Maybe not this year, but at least once in the next three years.  

Batting in front of Trout certainly makes that a possibility. 

IIRC Hunter's BA spiked when he was moved ahead of Trout in the batting order. 

Even considering Maddon's love of tinkering, you assume 140+ times he'll want to have a core 4 of Trout, Rendon, Simmons, Upton in their usual places on the field. The catchers are who they are so that leaves RF, 2B, 1B, and DH to mix and match. Lastella and Rengifo will really only see time at 2B or occasional DH which really only leaves RF for Fletcher unless Simmons or Rendon are getting an off day.

13 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Fletcher is every manager's dream player: he can play most positions, is a team player, and is the definition of "scrappy." He'll start 95% of games, just at 3 or 4 positions.

Yup...

Maddon saw Figgins and had Zobrist for almost all of his career.  Fletcher is act 3.

No way he doesn't use him all over.

one of my favorite things about baseball is when a guy who isn't really even on the prospect radar come up and starts rocking 4 WARish type seasons.  

the coolest thing about Fletch from last year was his fairly substantial improvement in plate discipline.  As a fan, I really appreciate guys who work hard to make the proper adjustments.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

one of my favorite things about baseball is when a guy who isn't really even on the prospect radar come up and starts rocking 4 WARish type seasons.  

the coolest thing about Fletch from last year was his fairly substantial improvement in plate discipline.  As a fan, I really appreciate guys who work hard to make the proper adjustments.  

Go Lions!

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Even considering Maddon's love of tinkering, you assume 140+ times he'll want to have a core 4 of Trout, Rendon, Simmons, Upton in their usual places on the field. The catchers are who they are so that leaves RF, 2B, 1B, and DH to mix and match. Lastella and Rengifo will really only see time at 2B or occasional DH which really only leaves RF for Fletcher unless Simmons or Rendon are getting an off day.

I can't imagine La Stella, Fletcher and Rengifro on the roster together