• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silver lining, RE prospect injuries

floplag

I'm choosing to look at some of the kids having injuries, or potential injuries in a different light.

I think we all know a trade is coming, potentially a large one, that should bring back a top tier pitcher for us.

Now, we know they aren't dealing Adell.  Who were the obvious 2 and or third candidates perhaps?  Marsh and Canning.

So if there is a bit of cloud over them, it might keep them off the block.

Silly i know but its either that or start tearing up voodoo kewpie dolls again so, im trying to stay positive. 

Ohh, we should trade Regnifo for like...idk, maybe Stripling or something? I bet we could get the Dodgers to throw in an outfielder (maybe Pederson?) and a prospect (thinking a top 15 guy in the Dodger's farm, but would be a top 5 guy for us; an Andy Pages type player) if we sweetened the pot with Walsh or something.

That way, we get some depth in outfield, get a starter, and actually gain depth in our farm - only by giving up infield depth! We can probably spend the spring getting Pederson ready to play 1B, which gives u some more infield depth. And, Jones looks about ready to start getting reps in the majors, so we may not even have that much of a drop off in middle infield depth.

1 minute ago, krAbs said:

Ohh, we should trade Regnifo for like...idk, maybe Stripling or something? I bet we could get the Dodgers to throw in an outfielder (maybe Pederson?) and a prospect (thinking a top 15 guy in the Dodger's farm, but would be a top 5 guy for us; an Andy Pages type player) if we sweetened the pot with Walsh or something.

That way, we get some depth in outfield, get a starter, and actually gain depth in our farm - only by giving up infield depth! We can probably spend the spring getting Pederson ready to play 1B, which gives u some more infield depth. And, Jones looks about ready to start getting reps in the majors, so we may not even have that much of a drop off in middle infield depth.

source.gif

14 minutes ago, krAbs said:

That’s a great proposal, a genuine win-win for both sides. I think it’d have to happen now, though. I don’t feel like waiting around. I wonder if the two teams would actually do that?

3 hours ago, krAbs said:

Are you one of those Wiley E. Coyote Genius types? Amazing idea!

Another "silver lining" could be that our current rotation  (lots of depth, no stars) might be the best way to go in an era when so many pitchers (of all levels) are having trouble staying healthy.    If four mid to low level guys end up needing TJ, the team can replace them fairly easily and the team won't be hamstrung financially.