• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

YouTube TV Dropping FOX Regional sports networks

5 hours ago, vladdy#27 said:

This blows. I just cut my cable contract yesterday because YouTube TV had a temporary agreement to carry the games for 2020 and were working a on a deal. Everyone gets to see their teams expect Yankees and Angel fans. This blows. 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:21 PM, yk9001 said:

We've gone through this before.  I don't want any problems watching tv, I dvr everything, and I don't want any damn drops that I always read about with subscription services.

I pay $1,200 a year to watch through my satellite with 300 channels.  I make enough money, I'm not fucking around with splitting subscriptions with my aunt, getting vpn subscriptions, and all the other hoops that 'subscriber guy' has to jump through.

You might want to look into Tvision (TMobile) tons of channels, $90/mo for TMobile customers. Total pkg (TV, DVR) $130.00 This is a streaming service

On 3/5/2020 at 7:37 PM, gklingel52 said:

You might want to look into Tvision (TMobile) tons of channels, $90/mo for TMobile customers. Total pkg (TV, DVR) $130.00 This is a streaming service

$90/month is way more expensive than the other streaming services.

3 hours ago, Biergott said:

I'll be starting a week free trail of Hulu tomorrow I think.  Was hoping Youtube would end up fixing this, but I guess not.  This blows, we just got used to it too.

I'm in the same boat. I kept YTTV and added MLB TV. MLB TV is $120 for the entire year. But, the cost of Hulu TV would have been about $20 more per month, with comparable DVR storage (the amount of storage with the regular plan is a joke, so you'll need the added storage which is an additionial monthly fee) and to have full DVR functionality (i.e. fast-forwarding past commercials, which is another additional monthly fee), than what I pay for YTTV . So, I'll actually end up saving over $100 per year by keeping YTTV and adding MLB TV, rather than switching to Hulu TV. Plus. Hulu TV doesn't have MLB Network and YTTV does.

Of course, this is all contingent on the assumption that YTTV won't raise their monthly price...

Also, with Hulu plus Live TV you get access to the Hulu content, which is a lot of TV shows and movies. Which costs like $11 per month on its own.

It's all very complicated. Would've made my life a lot easier had those dickheads at Sinclair and YTTV just gotten the deal done for FSW.

Fired up my YouTube TV over the weekend and got the message about the channel being gone. 😞 Everyone sure makes it hard to watch your local team. Blackouts need to go away. I get MLBtv for free each year and can't watch my local team. Yes because it's 1955 and I might not go to any games just because they are all on TV.

Looking for a replacement now.

9 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

I'm in the same boat. I kept YTTV and added MLB TV. MLB TV is $120 for the entire year. But, the cost of Hulu TV would have been about $20 more per month, with comparable DVR storage (the amount of storage with the regular plan is a joke, so you'll need the added storage which is an additionial monthly fee) and to have full DVR functionality (i.e. fast-forwarding past commercials, which is another additional monthly fee), than what I pay for YTTV . So, I'll actually end up saving over $100 per year by keeping YTTV and adding MLB TV, rather than switching to Hulu TV. Plus. Hulu TV doesn't have MLB Network and YTTV does.

Of course, this is all contingent on the assumption that YTTV won't raise their monthly price...

Also, with Hulu plus Live TV you get access to the Hulu content, which is a lot of TV shows and movies. Which costs like $11 per month on its own.

It's all very complicated. Would've made my life a lot easier had those dickheads at Sinclair and YTTV just gotten the deal done for FSW.

But you can’t watch Angels game on MLBTV because of blackouts, right?

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

Everyone sure makes it hard to watch your local team.

I don't run a billion dollar sports team, but me, as an idiot, thinks that providing EASY and relatively cheap access to your product is the best way to market it.

This isn't 1971 any more, with three channels on your tv and the local twoplex movie house as your only entertainment options.  There are SO many other entertainment options out there.

On this board of diehards, most will jump through as many hoops as they need to get the games.  But in the real world, many would-be fans will just say 'f it' and move on to something else.

MLB does a TERRIBLE job of presenting their product to fans.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I don't run a billion dollar sports team, but me, as an idiot, thinks that providing EASY and relatively cheap access to your product is the best way to market it.

This isn't 1971 any more, with three channels on your tv and the local twoplex movie house as your only entertainment options.  There are SO many other entertainment options out there.

On this board of diehards, most will jump through as many hoops as they need to get the games.  But in the real world, many would-be fans will just say 'f it' and move on to something else.

Does it have to do with MLB's contracts with sports networks and/or cable companies? They want to compel local fans to subscribe to cable. MLB loses, but their cable partners win.

I agree that it's ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Biergott said:

I'll be starting a week free trail of Hulu tomorrow I think.  Was hoping Youtube would end up fixing this, but I guess not.  This blows, we just got used to it too.

You get king of the hill, and the wonder years now!

You won in the end, my friend (like the song at the end montage in teen wolf)(@steve stevens)

13 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Do any of you have friends or family with cable companies that have FSW that will give you their log in info to watch the games? If not, there are websites you can stream the game on.

With all due respect, if you are over say, 25 years old, that is f*cking lame.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I agree with this. I used to watch a lot of Braves games when I was younger because oftentimes they were the only baseball games I had access to (TBS). I think that certainly helped increase their fan base back then

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

With all due respect, if you are over say, 25 years old, that is f*cking lame.

Why? If you like subscribing to YTTV but can't get one channel, you can still watch the Angels by using a friends log in or just streaming it from a website.

8 minutes ago, Gene Aurty Moreno said:

I agree with this. I used to watch a lot of Braves games when I was younger because oftentimes they were the only baseball games I had access to (TBS). I think that certainly helped increase their fan base back then

I can't tell you how many times i've seen other message boards, even non baseball, and people talk about their love of TBS games in the 1970s and 80s.  With completely non-descript Braves teams.  It develops fans. They'd come home from school and there is a braves game on.

Now, people aren't going to jump through all these hoops.