• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

YouTube TV Dropping FOX Regional sports networks

20 hours ago, well_red said:

Sinclair Media is probably the real bad guy here.  But will Youtube TV drop prices now that these sports channels are gone, probably not.  Guess I'll go with Hulu TV until they inevitably "can't reach an agreement" too.  From the chatter online, people think Sinclair wants to set up it's own streaming service for these regional sports channels and hence is getting out of all the existing agreements with streaming providers.  

Sinclair needs eyeballs watching their channels now. They grossly overpaid for the RSN’s and thought that they could squeeze extra money from the carriers.  When Dish dropped them Sinclair’s CEO said Dish risked becoming irrelevant.  Instead Dish had one of their better quarters, didn’t suffer very much subscriber loss, and turned a very nice profit. Direct/ATT took the deal and started hemorrhaging subscribers due to their higher overall pricing.  

Carriers are taking a stand and are unwilling now to finance huge deals paid by content providers for sports. 

Just now, Ray McKigney said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We are! We have agreed to a temporary extension! FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network are still available on YouTube TV while we work to reach an agreement. We’ll be sure to share an update as soon as we have more info on a potential timeline. More to come!</p>&mdash; TeamYouTube (@TeamYouTube) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1233578974443339776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

T-mobile will be offering free MLBtv sometime in March to it's customers...

Apparently they did this last year also and I didn't even know about it!

I've been a T-Mobile customer for years.