• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Want to Keep Trout (Prevent Him from becoming a Yankee)

There's no way to know whether his skills will be "declining" at age 32. I would imagine he'll still be great at that age, but it's pure speculation at this point.

Babe Ruth was effective at age 39, with a .985 OPS that year.

You realize it is pretty funny using the greatest baseball player in the history of the game as your benchmark.

Ten years is a long time to guarantee someone $20M per year for, regardless of the player or his age. If Trout gets injured during that time and his skills decline, that becomes another Pujols Ryan Howard contract.

Fixed.  

that's my biggest fear.

I think the Angels are already doing things to Trout to alienate him a bit. My belief is that his heart is in another part of the country and if you want to keep him here you better win his heart here before it comes time for hime to decide his own fate for 7-10 years. Angels are not winning his heart up to this point

Just curious as to what this conclusion is based upon. And having him play left field doesn't count as alienation in my book.

You realize it is pretty funny using the greatest baseball player in the history of the game as your benchmark.

I do it because several people here think Ruth was just an overweight, out of shape hitter in a glorified beer league.

Really, that's the thinking of more than a few people here.