• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Awesome Mike Trout t-shirt designed by Victor Rojas Big Fly Gear Co.

Chuck

Chuck & AW...thank you for the post and the love, the family appreciates it. I saw one comment on here that called the graphic contrived...appreciate the honesty. I invite you all to check out the site and see what we're actually about. But maybe you're too busy to click on Big Fly Gear because of work or whatever and that's cool, so I'll explain what it is we do. 

We're storytellers. We take a person, moment and/or place in baseball history revolving around the home run and we create a one-of-a-kind piece of art that tells the story for us. Our art is slanted towards the vintage look and feel of yesteryear...colors, fonts, designs, etc. We take our time researching the topic/individual and decide how we're going to convey the story. To date, we've created graphics to honor Babe, Ruth, Lou Gehrig & Hank Aaron, Kirk Gibson's HR in the World Series, the Negro Leagues, Bobby Thomson's 'Shot Heard 'Round the World', Japanese home run hitters such as Oh and Matsui as well as Latino home run hitters like Cepeda just to name a few. Each product on our site has an accompanying 'story' that explains the tribute. It's what makes us different. Millville Meteor is our tribute to Mike Trout. Anyone can get a shirt with a player's name and number on it, they're dime a dozen. Ours are unique to us and in this particular case, it speaks to the individual, his mystique and where he's from. Our hope is the person wearing one of our garments is asked about the graphic they are sporting, this way they can share the 'story' with someone new. In addition to our art, our garments are top notch and incredibly soft.

So that's our elevator pitch on a message board (I think it's under :60). It's cool if you don't like what we're doing, no sweat for us. We just keep chugging along...we're now one year in and hope we're building something that's unique & fun as well as prosperous while showcasing our love for the game of baseball (both today and yesteryear). At worst, we've allowed our kids to experience what it's like to start a business as an entrepreneur from concept through to day to day operations (which for us, is probably the very coolest thing).

All that said, I'm ready for some Angels baseball in just over a month. Looking forward to the 2020 season and seeing what this team has in store for us. Again, thank you for the support and love over 10 years, AW family. It means a lot to our family.

Deuces ✌🏼

VR

@VictorRojas I have no idea of the economics, but just some feedback. I'd love this shirt but in a different color. 

https://bigflygear.com/collections/tees/products/ball-destroyer-tee

I'm still gonna order a different one but I'd like to have color choices. I imagine that would jack up the price quite a bit.

7 hours ago, VictorRojas said:

Chuck & AW...thank you for the post and the love, the family appreciates it. I saw one comment on here that called the graphic contrived...appreciate the honesty. I invite you all to check out the site and see what we're actually about. But maybe you're too busy to click on Big Fly Gear because of work or whatever and that's cool, so I'll explain what it is we do. 

We're storytellers. We take a person, moment and/or place in baseball history revolving around the home run and we create a one-of-a-kind piece of art that tells the story for us. Our art is slanted towards the vintage look and feel of yesteryear...colors, fonts, designs, etc. We take our time researching the topic/individual and decide how we're going to convey the story. To date, we've created graphics to honor Babe, Ruth, Lou Gehrig & Hank Aaron, Kirk Gibson's HR in the World Series, the Negro Leagues, Bobby Thomson's 'Shot Heard 'Round the World', Japanese home run hitters such as Oh and Matsui as well as Latino home run hitters like Cepeda just to name a few. Each product on our site has an accompanying 'story' that explains the tribute. It's what makes us different. Millville Meteor is our tribute to Mike Trout. Anyone can get a shirt with a player's name and number on it, they're dime a dozen. Ours are unique to us and in this particular case, it speaks to the individual, his mystique and where he's from. Our hope is the person wearing one of our garments is asked about the graphic they are sporting, this way they can share the 'story' with someone new. In addition to our art, our garments are top notch and incredibly soft.

So that's our elevator pitch on a message board (I think it's under :60). It's cool if you don't like what we're doing, no sweat for us. We just keep chugging along...we're now one year in and hope we're building something that's unique & fun as well as prosperous while showcasing our love for the game of baseball (both today and yesteryear). At worst, we've allowed our kids to experience what it's like to start a business as an entrepreneur from concept through to day to day operations (which for us, is probably the very coolest thing).

All that said, I'm ready for some Angels baseball in just over a month. Looking forward to the 2020 season and seeing what this team has in store for us. Again, thank you for the support and love over 10 years, AW family. It means a lot to our family.

Deuces ✌🏼

VR

I think you were referencing me.  To be clear, I don’t think the graphic is contrived.  It is a nice design.  I was only referencing the actual nickname the Melville Meteor.  I am a huge Angel fan and I was simply stating my opinion that while that nickname is somewhat familiar, I personally don’t really feel like that is an actual nickname for Mike Trout.  I just feel like it could have been, but it never actually became his nickname.

But please don’t confuse me sharing some personal feedback as being negative to your whole project.  I am only one potential buyer and not every t-shirt is right for every fan.

Congratulations on what looks like a really fun project and some great success.  I wish you the best and would love to see other products.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think you were referencing me.  To be clear, I don’t think the graphic is contrived.  It is a nice design.  I was only referencing the actual nickname the Melville Meteor.  I am a huge Angel fan and I was simply stating my opinion that while that nickname is somewhat familiar, I personally don’t really feel like that is an actual nickname for Mike Trout.  I just feel like it could have been, but it never actually became his nickname.

But please don’t confuse me sharing some personal feedback as being negative to your whole project.  I am only one potential buyer and not every t-shirt is right for every fan.

Congratulations on what looks like a really fun project and some great success.  I wish you the best and would love to see other products.

Too late. Victor already hates you. 

7 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hopefully I don't jack this up...I now know how to quote/respond to someone and will attempt to add a picture. 

You had me at 'it is a nice design.' Mission accomplished. Cool design on a nice garment that tells the story...that's pretty much it. We're not trying to coin nicknames or anything like that, we have enough on our plate. Let me give you an example...Lou Gehrig's nickname wasn't the 'No. 4 Train' (it was 'The Iron Horse') but for us, he wore the number, he played every day (2130) and in this particular case, the 4 train is the one that drops at Yankee Stadium...there's our story.

IMG_2482.JPG.a6c49741b924d826d291cc21798f3841.JPG

I don't know that I've ever used 'Millville Meteor' when talking about Mike on a broadcast (although I now have incentive to push our line 😂), I just know about it and because of my love for the history of the game and think it's cool because it's a little like Mantle's 'Commerce Comet.' I appreciate you and your feedback, it's the only way to understand the masses. It also gives me a chance to speak about what it is we do in general and that's why I truly wanted to respond (can't believe I had to fill out a new account, must've been dropped by Chuck for non-use). 

Thanks again.

@Glen Thanks for the suggestion. We're probably not going to add that in another color though...if it's a one-off, then we'd definitely have a multitude of colors but because it's just one of many for us, the focus shifts. It's interesting in the last year the 'trends' we've seen when it comes to sizes/colors and we're starting to hone in what those are as it relates to our gear. Btw Ball Destroyer, for me, is meant to have a look/feel of an old concert t-shirt in black...we did it with discharged ink so over time, it'll start to fade into the shirt. I thought about putting it on a heather gray but decided against it...sorry to bum you out but appreciate the post. - V

@VictorRojas, I really love the storytelling concept. I believe storytelling memorializes a special occasion and/or person. Storytelling is also a part of who we are and is especially special to baseball. It really is a tremendous idea.

I appreciate what you're doing. Would love to see a shirt telling Roberto Clemente's story.

I'm a fan of unique baseball shirts. I have a "We BeWeave" shirt and a "Trout Forever" shirt and even a "This is Howie Do It" shirt from other companies. 

Can you have too many baseball shirts? 

I also love supporting small businesses and appreciate your taking the time to talk about what you're doing. It's not every day that a business owner takes the time to do that.

Edited by True Grich

3 hours ago, VictorRojas said:

Hopefully I don't jack this up...I now know how to quote/respond to someone and will attempt to add a picture. 

You had me at 'it is a nice design.' Mission accomplished. Cool design on a nice garment that tells the story...that's pretty much it. We're not trying to coin nicknames or anything like that, we have enough on our plate. Let me give you an example...Lou Gehrig's nickname wasn't the 'No. 4 Train' (it was 'The Iron Horse') but for us, he wore the number, he played every day (2130) and in this particular case, the 4 train is the one that drops at Yankee Stadium...there's our story.

IMG_2482.JPG.a6c49741b924d826d291cc21798f3841.JPG

I don't know that I've ever used 'Millville Meteor' when talking about Mike on a broadcast (although I now have incentive to push our line 😂), I just know about it and because of my love for the history of the game and think it's cool because it's a little like Mantle's 'Commerce Comet.' I appreciate you and your feedback, it's the only way to understand the masses. It also gives me a chance to speak about what it is we do in general and that's why I truly wanted to respond (can't believe I had to fill out a new account, must've been dropped by Chuck for non-use). 

Thanks again.

With your Gehrig example, you have absolutely perfectly explained an angle I just wasn’t seeing, basically storytelling, not coining nicknames.

You clearly have a passion for this.  Super cool.

I am going to shop and buy something.

3 hours ago, VictorRojas said:

@Glen Thanks for the suggestion. We're probably not going to add that in another color though...if it's a one-off, then we'd definitely have a multitude of colors but because it's just one of many for us, the focus shifts. It's interesting in the last year the 'trends' we've seen when it comes to sizes/colors and we're starting to hone in what those are as it relates to our gear. Btw Ball Destroyer, for me, is meant to have a look/feel of an old concert t-shirt in black...we did it with discharged ink so over time, it'll start to fade into the shirt. I thought about putting it on a heather gray but decided against it...sorry to bum you out but appreciate the post. - V

Thanks for the reply. I got the concert shirt vibe from Ball Destroyer, which is why I like it. Still might go with it.