• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manfred live now on mlb.com

T.G.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Well, I know the original Manfred report was wrong.  It said that it was player driven. Luhnow's disgusting fingerprints were all over this. (annoying buzzer sound).  The report says first news happened after the Mike Fiers Athletic story (annoying buzzer sound). I certainly don't believe Jim Crane didn't have any knowledge.  That sounds like every well known college head basketball coach knowing zero about their assistants giving bagfuls of money to recruits. (annoying buzzer sound)  Altuve's argument for holding his shirt after hitting the game winning homer makes no sense at all. (annoying buzzer sound).  Astros players said many didn't think it was effective.  Meanwhile, Astro strikeout totals were at historic lows.(annoying buzzer sound)  Astros players said it didn't happen in the 2017 postseason. (annoying buzzer sound)

That's just for starters.

This is a great point.   The Asstros batters were the leaders in the AL in 2014-2016 at striking out the most times.   Suddenly, they strike out the least number of times the following season (2017) and the two seasons following that?  

Uhh uhh, no way that happens when they had pretty much the same personnel from 2016 to 2017, unless pulling something on the rest of MLB?  

Edited by Angel Oracle

The big picture is that Manlessfred is clueless about how baseball works and is played.

Why else did he butcher this, and also present the ridiculous proposals for 2022 (7 post-season teams in each league and thus possibly including sub .500 teams, post-season teams determining who they play)?  

My favorite though is another proposal he made, not included in the 2022 proposals, where he wanted to move the mound back.

This guy is going to make a mockery out of MLB.     

Conspiracy theory (LOL): The NFL, NBA, and NHL all planted him to help bring MLB down, and improve all of their ratings and attendance.

I get progress.  But, this guy is NOT proposing progress, but instead anarchy. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The NFL, NBA, and NHL all planted him to help bring MLB down, and improve all of their ratings and attendance.

haha, the thought of the NFL giving two shits about MLB left town probably two decades ago, when they began counterprogramming against the World Series.

In 2019, a regular Sunday night football game beat the Word Series, 16 million viewers to 10 million.

Just now, yk9001 said:

haha, the thought of the NFL giving two shits about MLB left town probably two decades ago, when they began counterprogramming against the World Series.

In 2019, a regular Sunday night football game beat the Word Series, 16 million viewers to 10 million.

I know (LOL).   I was just lumping them in with the other major sports.   

13 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

If the players union represents the players...and the majority of the players are pissed off, I don’t understand the problem. You just screwed the majority to protect a few. 

Union seek to protect the minority of it's members in need of protection. Hence 'solidarity' and what not. It is a collective.

4 hours ago, Torridd said:

Yeah, I agree. He had no idea there would be such backlash. He can't do any further punishment now and I understand the spot he was in. To get to the truth, he had to offer the players immunity. It's a big mess because he can't let the players go wild when they mete out their own punishment. 

Manfred should've tried hiring a private investigator or someone with some experience in doing detective work. There is no reason to give blanket immunity and not get any of the juicy details that we couldn't already get ourselves from the videos. The idea that he is caught off guard at the backlash only proves how out of touch he is with the sport.

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Manfred has to make $20 million a year.  Crane is a billionaire.

How can these guys sound SO STUPID in front of a microphone? 

They either hire the worst PR and crisis management people possible;  Or more likely, these men of stature are so used to having people hear their farts, and the people tell them its Beethoven, that they think that people will believe anything they say.

I played a symphony about an hour ago.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Union seek to protect the minority of it's members in need of protection. Hence 'solidarity' and what not. It is a collective.

Even when the players are vocally upset about the punishment handed down, including those from other sports? How about when the players police themselves and start retaliating?  Its not even a judgement call here, the league screwed up and not even the players union is showing support. 

3 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Even when the players are vocally upset about the punishment handed down, including those from other sports? How about when the players police themselves and start retaliating?  Its not even a judgement call here, the league screwed up and not even the players union is showing support. 

This is what unions do. The guys that play by the rules, don't get in trouble, or complain about management never need a union rep. The union stands up for the ones management is looking to punish. When players start retaliating the union will stand up for them as well.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

what really digs at me is that players would only testify if they knew they wouldn't be punished. that's a galling lack of integrity and responsibility from them. that their union had to sign off on this to agree to letting them cooperate is equally galling.

Why even let them cooperate at that point? Why not do an independent investigation, easily prove guilt without their help and then approach them about cooperating? Don't make a deal when you lack the upper hand. If they still don't want to help out punish them further for not cooperating. Hasn't Manfred ever watched an episode of Law and Order? 

I find that vacating the title would be another toothless attempt to appease people without taking the time to properly investigate.  

It's also a major stain on baseball in general and not something most would want as a lasting legacy documented as a blank space in the record books.  

they still get their rings and their money.