• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where is Puig? We cannot have Goodwin as Opening Day RF!

Orton

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Well you'd think if he wasn't a negative clubhouse influence then someone would have signed him by now.

theres no denying that there’s a stigma around him.  I’m just saying that I don’t believe it’s a substantial concern.  And again, if he’s cheap.  I won’t cry about having him. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

theres no denying that there’s a stigma around him.  I’m just saying that I don’t believe it’s a substantial concern.  And again, if he’s cheap.  I won’t cry about having him. 

why do you believe that when there has been almost no interest in a player that would normally be in line for a multi year contract.  I would guess that teams have a lot more info on this guy than we do.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

why do you believe that when there has been almost no interest in a player that would normally be in line for a multi year contract.  I would guess that teams have a lot more info on this guy than we do.  

I think that everyone knows what the rap sheet is and they know that he has never lived up to the potential and that they can force him into surplus value deal.  Puig is obviously holding out for more.  I don’t think it’s more complicated then that.  I mean seriously, what’s he done other then be bit of diva and a clutz ?  There’s probably 20+ shittier guys on active rosters right now.  It’s silly. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

58 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Goodwin was literally a regular last season. And he had a better year than Puig.

1 season, 400+ ABs, where he nearly double his total career at bats, versus a guy who over the same time period has only been under 300 once in 6 years?.
If this was a guy you liked, youd be saying the same thing.
Im willing to look past the baggage, youre not, simple. 

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

1 season, 400+ ABs, where he nearly double his total career at bats, versus a guy who over the same time period has only been under 300 once in 6 years?.
If this was a guy you liked, youd be saying the same thing.
Im willing to look past the baggage, youre not, simple. 

Yeah but you're willing to look past the "baggage" and also the fact that he has only been above replacement level once since 2014.

It's not just the "baggage". It's also that he just isn't very good.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah but you're willing to look past the "baggage" and also the fact that he has only been above replacement level once since 2014.

It's not just the "baggage". It's also that he just isn't very good.

and yet has comparable numbers to Goodwin's best season based on your own post. 
Likely wont matter, ithink well see a lot of Fletcher in the OF as long as we still have LaStella so... perhaps moot.

Just now, floplag said:

and yet has comparable numbers to Goodwin's best season based on your own post. 
Likely wont matter, ithink well see a lot of Fletcher in the OF as long as we still have LaStella so... perhaps moot.

Yes and Goodwin is free and doesn't have the baggage. How hard is this to understand?

4 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Well....he is kind of a lazy idiot.    Lazy because he doesn't give 100% unless it's time to renew his contract.   An idiot because he admits it, on the record, to the press.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2822390-yasiel-puig-says-he-didnt-work-hard-in-the-past-due-to-being-under-contract

“Now I think I'll work hard more than any year in my life."

Perfect time to sign him for a cheap one year deal. Maybe he hasn’t had a chance to play for a perfect organization yet. 

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

“Now I think I'll work hard more than any year in my life."

Perfect time to sign him for a cheap one year deal. Maybe he hasn’t had a chance to play for a perfect organization yet. 

Maybe he could be a good example of what not to do for younger Angels players.   Maddon can call them all over and say "See kids, this is what happens when you waste God-given talent by becoming a lazy j.o....nobody want's to be a Puig."     

1 minute ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Maybe he could be a good example to younger Angels players.   Maddon can call them all over and say "See kids, this is what happens when you waste God-given talent by becoming a lazy j.o....nobody want's to be a Puig."     

Oh I know about his past but if someone can’t find peace in their life playing under Maddon’s watch and with Trout, Ohtani, Pujols and Rendon. It’s the end of the road. 

22 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Oh I know about his past but if someone can’t find peace in their life playing under Maddon’s watch and with Trout, Ohtani, Pujols and Rendon. It’s the end of the road. 

It's funny you chose Trout, Ohtani, and Pujols....because all three of them are exceptionally mentally tough and all three of them give 100% respect and effort to the game.      I think their reactions to being in a clubhouse with Puig would be less than positive.

EDIT:   I don't know Rendon as much as the other three....but, I'd guess he wouldn't be excited about spending a whole season dealing with a lazy idiot teammate either.

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Speaking only for myself, as one who has also suggested this, Goodwin has never been a regular.  The fact that he excels in a reserve / 4th role doesnt always mean he can just be an every day starter.  Comparing this 2 using WAR etc... isnt necessarily apples to apples.
Further, it isnt about just that, but also, what happens if Upton has another freak toe injury or some other silliness, youre looking at Hermosillo or something back here till one of the kids are ready. 
Hes had issues ,true, but no one is going to act the fool around Pujols/Trout, no one. 
I would be 100% ok with this, worse case sceario you trade him at the deadline or whenever ADell or Marsh are actually ready.
Hate the guy all you want, butt it isnt a terrible idea from a purely baseball perspective. 

Or they accelerate Adell's timeline to Anaheim

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think that everyone knows what the rap sheet is and they know that he has never lived up to the potential and that they can force him into surplus value deal.  Puig is obviously holding out for more.  I don’t think it’s more complicated then that.  I mean seriously, what’s he done other then be bit of diva and a clutz ?  There’s probably 20+ shittier guys on active rosters right now.  It’s silly. 

don't understand the confusion between "then" and "than"...