Capital_Dave

Luiz Gohara (Jeff Fletcher Any Insights?)

Luiz Gohara is a non-roster invitee for us this year on a minor league contract.  I remember when he was with the Braves organization I was a huge fan of his potential.  He's only 23 years old, made his debut I believe as a 20 year old.  But the Injury Gods have not looked favorably upon him.  

Jeff Fletcher: have you been able to see him pitch at all this Spring?  Does he have a shot of making the squad?

2 hours ago, Capital_Dave said:

Luiz Gohara is a non-roster invitee for us this year on a minor league contract.  I remember when he was with the Braves organization I was a huge fan of his potential.  He's only 23 years old, made his debut I believe as a 20 year old.  But the Injury Gods have not looked favorably upon him.  

Jeff Fletcher: have you been able to see him pitch at all this Spring?  Does he have a shot of making the squad?

I don’t even think he’s healthy yet. 

Also, all anyone has done is throw bullpens. There’s nothing to see there. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

1 hour ago, John Taylor said:

@Capital_Dave doing God's work by educating the masses that the Capital of Kentucky is not Lexington, nor Louisville, nor the Gravesite of Col. Sanders.

my daughter just finished her states and capitals for that region and I had no idea until about a week ago.  

There's a paragraph about him at bottom of topic/article on Barria losing 14 pounds.... "months away from pitching in games"

Sounds like Barria is in best shape of his life....T.J. omen?

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOOGYs technically don't exist anymore, given the 3-batter minimum rule that's going into effect.

Except for the good ones who can hold their own against right-handed hitters. LOOGY Plus.

I mean, let's say a lineup alternates left and right, so you have two good lefties sandwiching a good righty. There's a place for a LOOGY Plus pitcher to pitch to all three.

Edited by Angelsjunky

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I talked to him today just for you guys. 

He’s only thrown 4 times so far. 

*THIS* is why I keep coming back to AngelsWin!

Well, tell Gohara he's got some Angels fans pulling for him.  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

4 throws?

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOOGYs technically don't exist anymore, given the 3-batter minimum rule that's going into effect.

Unless they come in and face the last hitter of the inning?

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Four times this spring? Four times since August of 2018? Is he tossing at 50 feet, or off a mound?

22 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Except for the good ones who can hold their own against right-handed hitters. LOOGY Plus.

I mean, let's say a lineup alternates left and right, so you have two good lefties sandwiching a good righty. There's a place for a LOOGY Plus pitcher to pitch to all three.

What if a lefty comes up with two outs?