• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Potential Angels Prospects on the Move in 2020

ettin

The following prospects, per Roster Resource, have Rule 5 Eligibility this year if they are not added to the 40-man roster by mid-November:

• Chris Rodriguez
  • Brandon Marsh
  • Jose Soriano
  • Brett Hanewich
  • Kevin Maitan
  • Livan Soto
  • Simon Mathews
  • Luke Lind
  • Daniel Procopio
  • Zac Ryan
  • Denny Brady
  • Zack Kelly
  • Jose Verrier
  • Zane Gurwitz
  • Cristian Gomez
  • Harrison Wenson

Out of that list the only two surefire candidates to get added to the 40-man (or alternatively traded) by the deadline are Chris Rodriguez and Brandon Marsh.

Other possible candidates with a higher probability of being added include Jose Soriano and Brett Hanewich (both in relief roles very likely).

From there it begins to taper off. As I mentioned in a different thread, Kevin Maitan has to put up or shut up in 2020. If he doesn't have a strong, impressive season he will not be protected. Livan Soto, unfortunately, is looking weak.

After that the rest are at potential risk. Out of the remaining group, Luke Lind, Daniel Procopio, and Denny Brady strike me as guys who, if they have a good season, might get on the radar and get protected or more likely traded as add-on's to a potential Trade Deadline deal.

No matter what Angels fans should keep an eye on this group as they are the more likely movers and shakers due to their bubble status to make the 40-man roster.

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Come on, Bob. Soriano is surefire. 

With that walk rate I'm going to mildly disagree and say he is not a 100% add. Is he realistically pretty close to a 100% add?

Sure, I believe so. It is a debatable point so feel free to rail against the Bobby machine! 😄

15 minutes ago, TroutCron said:

Doesn’t Chris Rodriguez have to show something too? Hopefully he is healthy and can start to move up in the system. He could  be a good September call up for some starts.  

Yeah of course he needs to perform. I just think out of all of those prospects listed, except maybe Marsh, his upside is the highest for the Angels and they will keep him on the 40-man even if he struggles because of the immense potential. We'll know more once the season gets underway, so if his velocity drops precipitously or there is some other major red flag then maybe, maybe he doesn't get added but I doubt it. It's about as guaranteed as you can get in my opinion.