• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Canning/Sandoval Breakout Candidates Per Baseball America

sportstr44

22 minutes ago, sportstr44 said:
Canning was ranked as #4 and Sandoval was #9.

I loved watching Garret Richards in '12-'13. When he gave up a homer or got in a jam, he didn't fall to pieces, he worked his way through it. I thought Man, if he puts it all together, he's going to be great. In '14, he was, right up until that gruesome injury.

I got the same feeling watching Canning last season; he had the composure of a veteran. I am very excited to watch him this season. 

5 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

I got the same feeling watching Canning last season; he had the composure of a veteran. I am very excited to watch him this season. 

I felt like Skaggs’ death hit him particularly hard. Just an impression. For a rookie, an older mentor type pitcher passing so suddenly would likely make development difficult. At least, I would think so. 

8 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Breaking news: Two young players who showed potential in their first seasons are candidates to break out in their sophomore seasons.  More at 11.

Listen here you little fuckin shit, it IS big news because the narrative this off-season has been how bad our pitching is and how we're still only going to win 80 games and waste another year of Trout. If Canning and Sandoval can each have breakout seasons, that would be absolutely gigantic for the team. Canning is a borderline #2 starter and Sandoval is a potential #3 guy. Those guys reaching their potential would put us in playoff contention easily. 

Fuck.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Listen here you little fuckin shit, it IS big news because the narrative this off-season has been how bad our pitching is and how we're still only going to win 80 games and waste another year of Trout. If Canning and Sandoval can each have breakout seasons, that would be absolutely gigantic for the team. Canning is a borderline #2 starter and Sandoval is a potential #3 guy. Those guys reaching their potential would put us in playoff contention easily. 

Fuck.

Yeah no doubt. 

If those two guys realize their potential, Teheran is Teheran, Bundy is slightly better than he was in Baltimore (I think he can be a bit better), Heaney is Heaney, or slightly improves and Ohtani is what he was in his rookie season on a once a week basis. Damn son, that's a solid rotation IMO. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah no doubt. 

If those two guys realize their potential, Teheran is Teheran, Bundy is slightly better than he was in Baltimore (I think he can be a bit better), Heaney is Heaney, or slightly improves and Ohtani is what he was in his rookie season on a once a week basis. Damn son, that's a solid rotation IMO. 

I KNEW HE WAS YOUR SON!