Sign in to follow this  
Throwman91

Predict Regular Season Wins

Predict Regular Season Wins  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Predict total season wins (poll closes on March 25)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 03/26/2020 at 01:54 AM

83 wins and we miss the playoffs.

offense works - pitching is our down fall.

right now we don't have a MLB starting rotation.

the addition of Ross Stripling would have helped us -- not sure why we backed out -- I guess it saved us some payroll - Joc Peterson's contract was fairly large but the Dodgers actually won their arbitration case.

so now the Dogs have Joc Peterson, a guy they traded until it fell through and then they blasted his ability at the arbitration hearing and won it --  at this point if we wanted Joc Peterson we could probably get him from the Dodgers for a bucket of batting practice baseballs......no way Joc Peterson remains on the Dodgers' roster. 

The Halos have not had an over .500 season since 2015.

FOUR straight below .500 seasons.

The Halos have attracted 3 million fans a year for every year since 2003. 16 straight years, 

83 wins in 2020 - it stops the string of sub .500 win seasons but not the playoff drought.

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

The Halos have not had an over .500 season since 2015.

FOUR straight below .500 seasons.

The Halos have attracted 3 million fans a year for every year since 2003. 16 straight years, 

83 wins in 2020 - it stops the string of sub .500 win seasons but not the playoff drought.

Well met

97 wins.

I generally feel this team was about an 82-83 win team last year, but was managed terribly, particularly at the end of the season when they went 18-41 to close out after the series victory over the Dodgers. And they had to overcome a team members tragic untimely death in season, loads of injuries and under performance.

So starting with 82, I think a healthy Upton is worth 1.5 wins over the 2019 left field platoon. I think a healthy Simmons is worth 2. A healthy Trout is worth 1 more. Adding Rendon is worth 3. Upgrading the pitching staff in Ohtani, +2, Teheran +1, Bundy +1.5, and Canning/Heaney healthy is +1.5. Andriese, Middleton, and a new clean peanut help with the pen depth +1. Sandoval also will be better but Sandoval basically has to replace Pena. 

Adell is gonna have to hit to Calhoun levels, and while I don't know if his first season will be that much power, I do feel like its not that much of a drop off.

And someone is going to breakout, like Walsh, or Canning. Or even Adell.

So 97-65.

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

97 wins.

I generally feel this team was about an 82-83 win team last year, but was managed terribly, particularly at the end of the season when they went 18-41 to close out after the series victory over the Dodgers. And they had to overcome a team members tragic untimely death in season, loads of injuries and under performance.

So starting with 82, I think a healthy Upton is worth 1.5 wins over the 2019 left field platoon. I think a healthy Simmons is worth 2. A healthy Trout is worth 1 more. Adding Rendon is worth 3. Upgrading the pitching staff in Ohtani, +2, Teheran +1, Bundy +1.5, and Canning/Heaney healthy is +1.5. Andriese, Middleton, and a new clean peanut help with the pen depth +1. Sandoval also will be better but Sandoval basically has to replace Pena. 

Adell is gonna have to hit to Calhoun levels, and while I don't know if his first season will be that much power, I do feel like its not that much of a drop off.

And someone is going to breakout, like Walsh, or Canning. Or even Adell.

So 97-65.

I too agree that we would be a 97 win team IF EVERYONE improved but that almost never happens, and we're not the cheating Astros.  Expect some regression or stagnation from some players including injuries, slumps etc.

I see improvement. This looks like about an 85 win team right now. The trade might have gotten us closer to 90.

Last spring I thought we would lose 100 for the first time. So yeah, I feel like we'll be in it thru mid September 

On 2/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, Throwman91 said:

I too agree that we would be a 97 win team IF EVERYONE improved but that almost never happens, and we're not the cheating Astros.  Expect some regression or stagnation from some players including injuries, slumps etc.

I am not saying they would improve like the cheating Astros, I'm calling for a return to 2018 for Upton, Simmons, and Trout. I'm saying that Ohtani is gonna be 2 wins better than what Skaggs gave us in three months (RIP), Teheran is 1 win better than Cahill and Harvey combined were, Bundy is 1.5 win better than Barria and Suarez combined were, was...and that Heaney, Canning, and Sandoval will be 1.5 wins better than that trio (plus Pena) was in 2019.

Those players WAR:

Upton 2019: -0.9. Upton 2018: 3.8. That's a 4.7 WAR difference.

Simmons 2019: 2.1. Simmons 2018: 6.2 That's a 4.1 WAR difference.

Trout 2019: 8.3. Trout 2018: 10.2. That's a 1.9 WAR difference.

Rendon in 2019: 6.3 WAR... we had the worst at 3rd, overall in the American League, but I can't remember.

Ohtani 2018 (in just 10 games as a pitcher): 1.2. Skaggs 2019: 0.9. Double that for Ohtani in 20 starts, That's a 1.5 WAR difference. So I'm a little higher than the WAR here.

Teheran 2019: 2.7, Cahill and Harvey combined in 2019 for -1.1, That's a 3.8 WAR difference.

Bundy in 2019: 2.3 WAR. Barria and Suarez combined for -1.7, That's a 4.0 WAR difference.

Heaney in 2018, 1.4, in 2019 1.0. I expect the young guys to be better, to make up the other difference.

Were projected to be about 87/88 ish, i think were due some luck and i still think well add, so i voted 89-95.
WE will probably be on the lower end of that, more like 88-92, but yeah, there ya go. 

86ish. I don't think our starting pitching is enough and I worry we're one major player's injury from a disaster. A lot hinges on Ohtani and I think he's very fragile. I think the bullpen will be pretty good but I hope Rendon and Upton will make their marks.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, floplag said:

Were projected to be about 87/88 ish, i think were due some luck and i still think well add, so i voted 89-95.
WE will probably be on the lower end of that, more like 88-92, but yeah, there ya go. 

We've been due some luck for a while now 🙂 Hopefully, this is the season we'll get it.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:31 AM, Mark68 said:

92 wins

We're going to have a shit-ton of 7-5 & 8-7 games. We'll be like Rockies West.

Honestly, im fully ok with this, will be fun to watch.
Lets be honest, who ever really watched a 1-0 game and enjoyed it after all 🙂  

54 minutes ago, floplag said:

Especially when we lose.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

I honestly love 1-0 games...especially if we score the 1.   But I'll take a 7-5 win any day too and that seems like how the team is built this season.  Bombs away!