• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Report: Angels owner Arte Moreno pulled plug on proposed trade with Dodgers

AngelsWin.com

The Angels are not the best run organization in baseball. Arte ain't perfect but the SOB spends money, We have been unwise and unlucky at times over the last decade. Wish he would have done this deal but I will take him over 80-90% of MLB owners. That number will grow if he reads this and send me some free tickets

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

This still sucks. This team would have been 4+ wins better with Pederson and Stripling. It sucks that it was so close to happening, and fell apart for seemingly no good reason. 

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'm on the "eff Arte" side. It's a bit sad that two players the Dodgers consider non-essential could have had such an effect on our team, but here we are without them because Arte apparently got impatient.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'm on the "eff Arte" side. It's a bit sad that two players the Dodgers consider non-essential could have had such an effect on our team, but here we are without them because Arte apparently got impatient.

I prefer to think of it as Arte not liking the idea of leaving these players twisting in the wind while they played the medical game to weasel out on the deals they made. I also believe it's very likely that the Dogs got calls after the names leaked out with other teams willing to one-up the Angels on the return and thus there was more weaseling in store. Maybe this is inaccurate but it's as viable as anything else I've heard and it allows me to get on with my life

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I prefer to think of it as Arte not liking the idea of leaving these players twisting in the wind while they played the medical game to weasel out on the deals they made. I also believe it's very likely that the Dogs got calls after the names leaked out with other teams willing to one-up the Angels on the return and thus there was more weaseling in store. Maybe this is inaccurate but it's as viable as anything else I've heard and it allows me to get on with my life

all this is feasible but in the end, sometimes shit happens.  we'll see if the dogs get a better offer but I kinda doubt it.  I just don't see a lot of teams willing to take on an additional 10m in payroll at the last minute.  

I know this will probably piss some people off and I have no basis for it, but I have a feeling the money being added was a major factor in Arte's reaction.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

all this is feasible but in the end, sometimes shit happens.  we'll see if the dogs get a better offer but I kinda doubt it.  I just don't see a lot of teams willing to take on an additional 10m in payroll at the last minute.  

I know this will probably piss some people off and I have no basis for it, but I have a feeling the money being added was a major factor in Arte's reaction.  

Why would it be a major factor if he had agreed upon it on day one but was getting impatient by day whatever it was? Anything I guess is possible and it seems as good as guess as any on why he let his emotion get the best of him. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Why would it be a major factor if he had agreed upon it on day one but was getting impatient by day whatever it was? Anything I guess is possible and it seems as good as guess as any on why he let his emotion get the best of him. 

because he got emotional about agreeing to basically take 10m out of his pocket.  At that point, it's the cream off the top. 

My guess is that he was reluctant to spend the money in the first place and probably had to be convinced because it was the right choice.  Then he deal got delayed and he got angry.  

Dudes in charge like to be in control of the timeline and their money.  It's pretty rare to see a passive attitude from a billionaire for those things.  

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I can see teams hesitating on Pederson right now but I'd imagine Stripling is getting plenty of interest and since they have a 40 man and 25 man crunch it's probably top 10 prospects in A or AA that they really want

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

because he got emotional about agreeing to basically take 10m out of his pocket.  At that point, it's the cream off the top. 

My guess is that he was reluctant to spend the money in the first place and probably had to be convinced because it was the right choice.  Then he deal got delayed and he got angry.  

Dudes in charge like to be in control of the timeline and their money.  It's pretty rare to see a passive attitude from a billionaire for those things.  

Totally agree. People get emotional when it comes to business and money. Especially when it comes to a lot of money. 

11 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Totally agree. People get emotional when it comes to business and money. Especially when it comes to a lot of money. 

more than people realize.  there's a lot of emotion to big deals that get done.  It's just a bunch of zen ladies and gentlemen drinking a latte and fanning through docs with a smile on their face shaking their head up and down.  There's blood, sweat and tears in most deals.  

that's why baseball trades are hard.  for every rumor we see (and not even for every actual deal we see), there are countless people behind the scenes working their asses off to please the guy above them.  Arte doesn't get a pass because that's the way it is, but people shouldn't kid themselves.  That shit is tough.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

more than people realize.  there's a lot of emotion to big deals that get done.  It's just a bunch of zen ladies and gentlemen drinking a latte and fanning through docs with a smile on their face shaking their head up and down.  There's blood, sweat and tears in most deals.  

that's why baseball trades are hard.  for every rumor we see (and not even for every actual deal we see), there are countless people behind the scenes working their asses off to please the guy above them.  Arte doesn't get a pass because that's the way it is, but people shouldn't kid themselves.  That shit is tough.  

My dad has a quote that has stuck with me which is for every yes you get. There are 100 no’s before it. I can’t imagine how many deals almost happen that fall through we never hear about. Think about it. The only reason journalists or writers or Woj’s get stories is because people in the front office tell them things. How many of these stories do they never tell them? Furthermore how many stories are they told but are told don’t say shit. Would be fun to be in that world for a day just to hear the crazy behind the scenes stuff that you can’t tell anyone.