• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson and Adell

Stradling

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

"Oil Can" Boyd was a great nickname. 

It was. Unusual nickname for sure.

Dennis Ray "Oil Can" Boyd (born October 6, 1959) is a former starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. Boyd played for the Boston Red Sox (1982–89), Montreal Expos (1990–91), and Texas Rangers (1991). He batted and threw right-handed.

His nickname has been reported as coming from his beer-drinking days in his hometown of Meridian, Mississippi, where beer is referred to as "oil."[1] However, in a September 2012 interview, he said that wasn't strictly true; it was actually "rot-gut whiskey" from the neighborhood moonshiner.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_Can_Boyd

no, i wouldn't trade adell.

but i have thought how much more i like a pederson/goodwin LF platoon right now over upton, and i'm not an upton hater. i know it's not a video game, but i wish upton could make the OF to 1B transition, god that would be amazing.

upton has a no trade clause and is owed 73 million, so he's only moving teams in a salary eating scenario, and that's too much salary. 

my feelings also change depending on what a pederson FA contract looks like.

no matter what, it boils down to adell is staying here and preferably marsh too, if i was the GM.

14 minutes ago, Redondo said:

It was. Unusual nickname for sure.

Dennis Ray "Oil Can" Boyd (born October 6, 1959) is a former starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. Boyd played for the Boston Red Sox (1982–89), Montreal Expos (1990–91), and Texas Rangers (1991). He batted and threw right-handed.

His nickname has been reported as coming from his beer-drinking days in his hometown of Meridian, Mississippi, where beer is referred to as "oil."[1] However, in a September 2012 interview, he said that wasn't strictly true; it was actually "rot-gut whiskey" from the neighborhood moonshiner.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_Can_Boyd

image.gif.d358c167d45573144be1c2c5802800b6.gif

No trading Adell. Marsh though if he’s playing well in AAA, maybe at the deadline. But obviously trading Upton would be the better bet. Upton is not going to bring you back the quality of pitcher that the Angels need and he’s owed a fair sum of money for 21 and 22. Still how early do we expect Marsh and Adell to be quality regulars?

If Upton and Pederson are both hitting well and playing well the loser may Be Pujols who sees his few DH AB’s evaporate. 

I generally don't like absolutes. While I really look forward to years of Marsh-Trout-Adell, it may be that the team is best served by trading one of the prospects for a pitcher. But for whom? The only guys that are obviously worth it--Buehler, Bieber, etc--won't be traded. Could the Angels get someone like Clevinger, Flaherty, Soroka, or Gioloto? Maybe, but is it worth it? And then you  drop to top pitching prospects like Mackenzie Gore, but they are far more risky than Adell.

The bottom line is that you just wait and see -- assuming Pederson is even coming over. See how he does, see where the Angels are at in July, see how Adell and Marsh perform in AAA. And Adams; if he kills it, trading one of the three makes sense and then it depends upon what is offered.

3 hours ago, halomatt said:

I’d rather trade Pederson and Marsh to the Padres for Gore and a reliever with options. 

Let Adell start the year with the big club and take his lumps

We need to win now.  I do not want to see any players on the field that are not ready to help this team win, now.

Win

It

Now

WIN

Edited by Slegnaac

6 hours ago, halomatt said:

I’d rather trade Pederson and Marsh to the Padres for Gore and a reliever with options. 

Let Adell start the year with the big club and take his lumps. 

The Padres aren’t trading Gore just like Adell is untouchable. The lesson here is if you want top of the rotation starters you need to draft and develop them, with emphasis on development. 

7 hours ago, TroutCron said:

The Padres aren’t trading Gore just like Adell is untouchable. The lesson here is if you want top of the rotation starters you need to draft and develop them, with emphasis on development. 

I especially like the way the Astros drafted and developed Verlander, Grienke, Cole, just like the Red Sox did with Sale and the Nats did with Scherzer and Corbin. The Cubs with Lester.......