• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Not done?

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I shouldn’t be giving my opinion here since the trade isn’t even done yet, but this is my guess....

The Angels wanted Stripling all along. The Dodgers wouldn’t give up a pitcher with 3 years of control and a good track record without asking for prospects the Angels didn’t want to give up (Marsh, etc).

Suddenly the Dodgers are picking up an outfielder and a TON of money, so they need to get someone to take Pederson (and his $9Mish). The Angels agreed to take him just to get Stripling, at a much lower prospect cost. 

Stripling was the point of this, I believe. 

Feels good to be a little bad doesn't it? 😄

Thanks for the insight, though, Jeff!

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I shouldn’t be giving my opinion here since the trade isn’t even done yet, but this is my guess....

The Angels wanted Stripling all along. The Dodgers wouldn’t give up a pitcher with 3 years of control and a good track record without asking for prospects the Angels didn’t want to give up (Marsh, etc).

Suddenly the Dodgers are picking up an outfielder and a TON of money, so they need to get someone to take Pederson (and his $9Mish). The Angels agreed to take him just to get Stripling, at a much lower prospect cost. 

Stripling was the point of this, I believe. 

I say this two days ago and everyone argues with me.  @Jeff Fletcher says it and he gets 5 likes.  

bastards.  

I think once this trade is done, the Angels off-season moves are done.  Joc plays RF this year and gives Adell more time.  Stripling is in the rotation.

Unless some sort of killer deal fall in Eppler's lap, this will be it.  This is the Angels for the 2020 season.

A very improved team.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

I think once this trade is done, the Angels off-season moves are done.  Joc plays RF this year and gives Adell more time.  Stripling is in the rotation.

Unless some sort of killer deal fall in Eppler's lap, this will be it.  This is the Angels for the 2020 season.

A very improved team.

Oh I agree, I think this is a good group to go into the year with. 

They can upgrade at the deadline if need be. It is kinda wild that Stripling and Pederson do sort of make something like Marsh (dare say even Adell) and Canning/Sandoval sort of available for a frontline SP trade though, be it anytime between now and the deadline. It’s at least more of an option now.