Gene Aurty Moreno

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

My guess is that, if things are back on, you won't be seeing any tweets about it.....Eppler and Friedman will take a blood brothers oath of secrecy not to leak anything until it's done....

I was more just banking on Bob tweeting random things that have zero backing and it would still get us riled up.

When will we hear from Arte? When will Arte apologize to the fans? When will he apologize to Eppler publicly? When will he apologize to the players? Will there be a mutiny? 

this should get us to 100 pages 🤣

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not feeling it. 

Sell me on why?

Im not going to sell you Chuck, I would say there’s very little chance it gets done.  Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised because nothing has changed.  They still have excess and we still have needs and payroll space.   It’s still the best deal out there to improve our team even if we have to sweeten the deal a bit.   Don’t misinterpret me saying I wouldn’t be surprised as me saying it’s likely.  

It's possible the Dodgers make a move or moves to get below the CBT limit but I think they hold on to their depth at this point.

They are about $13 M over right now and have 5 MLB outfielders - 6 if you include Kike. And they have 15 MLB pitchers.

So, they have a roster squeeze but it's a good problem they can easily manage by using player options. Players like Taylor, Pederson, Stripling, Gonsolin or Alexander could still be moved. Man are they deep.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Im not going to sell you Chuck, I would say there’s very little chance it gets done.  Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised because nothing has changed.  They still have excess and we still have needs and payroll space.   It’s still the best deal out there to improve our team even if we have to sweeten the deal a bit.   Don’t misinterpret me saying I wouldn’t be surprised as me saying it’s likely.  

I just don't see it. When Arte pulls the plug, it's as good as dead. There's no going back. 

There is no way they’ll be able to revive the trade without giving the Dodgers more to make it happen.  It’s not going to happen.  Honestly, I’m fine with it.  Stripling would have been fine, but the Angels need a higher end guy.  They’ve still got one of their best chips to make it happen.  Also, there’s a good argument to be made for keeping Rengifo.  I don’t see why the Angels should be locked into keeping Simmons.  Rengifo could legitimately develop into a nice starter.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There is no way they’ll be able to revive the trade without giving the Dodgers more to make it happen.  It’s not going to happen.  Honestly, I’m fine with it.  Stripling would have been fine, but the Angels need a higher end guy.  

The Rangers need a CF. My guess he'll get traded there for a much better prospect than Rengifo and he'll mash 40 bombs there. 

Anyhow, I'm over it. F the Dodgers. F the Red Sox. F Graterol's arm. F Stripling for his tweet. F Heyman just because and F Arte for getting impatient. 

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Rangers need a CF. My guess he'll get traded there for a much better prospect than Rengifo and he'll mash 40 bombs there. 

Anyhow, I'm over it. F the Dodgers. F the Red Sox. F Graterol's arm. F Stripling for his tweet. F Heyman just because and F Arte for getting impatient. 

49FD4E4F-A74B-491A-B36F-E123666C6D4D.jpeg

I think the industry is surprised they pulled it, or Arte pulled it, or however it went down.

I don't believe that the deal was essentially done and Arte was like Fuck it...We're out. Especially with the prospect or prospects names coming over from the Angels not leaked. He was impatient sure, but he also wouldn't have backed out of a completed deal.

There was something else up. We just don't know what it is yet.

If it gets revisited, there is a likelihood that it expands the Dodgers actually need to cut a bit more than $12.5M, and Pederson and Stripling's salary is a bit under $10M. Maybe Pedro Baez comes back as well and we send them back a reliever like Noe Ramirez or Key Middleton, and $1M in Cash. We'd also have to give up a bit more prospect capital to get Baez, but it actually helps them get under the tax.

But Rengifo, Ward, Ramirez, and another prospect like Jose Suarez would be a great deal for Pederson, Stripling, and Baez (and maybe Pages).

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

To me that was the most baffling part of Arte backing out: it really made sense for both sides. As you say, I also wouldn’t be surprised if it wound up being completed.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

If Fletch’s story is pretty much the whole story, then for me it’s mostly F BOS and F Arte. I’m not bothered by Stripling’s tweet. I’m sure the vast majority of players would rather not be traded, even if it is only about one hour south on the freeway.