• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Follow carefully, I'm trying to help you analyze the statements of Mr. Impatient Owner and offer my opinions.....1) You aren't going to get a Greinke (your example) type right now, which is what Arte says we're looking for...that's ok but you're not getting that type of guy now, though you might in July and it will cost you a hell of a lot more than Rengifo.....

2) Why in the hell are we talking to the Dodgers about Stripling if you consider him a 4/5 starter and we don't want that anyway (so says Mr. Impatient).

3) Having analyzed Arte's nonsensical statement, I am offering my opinion that Stripling is a pretty good pitcher and if the cost was Rengifo, I do that trade any time....we're better with Stripling than Rengifo...

Comprende'?

1. Again, he didn't say "right now". He specifically said "during the season". 

2. Did Arte say he considered Stripling a #4 or 5 starter? If so, I missed it. If you can provide a link, I'd greatly appreciate it.

3. You have no idea what the actual deal entailed. If you find his comments to be  nonsensical, that's a you problem. They were pretty clear. 

When Moreno said, "The Angels are looking to add a starter that can “substantially” help them, not a No. 4 or No. 5 type starter" - I don't necessarily think he's referring to Stripling as that #4 or #5 guy.  He's speaking more generally at that point, iMO.

Just now, True Grich said:

When Moreno said, "The Angels are looking to add a starter that can “substantially” help them, not a No. 4 or No. 5 type starter" - I don't necessarily think he's referring to Stripling as that #4 or #5 guy.  He's speaking more generally at that point, iMO.

See, someone "comprendes"

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

2. Did Arte say he considered Stripling a #4 or 5 starter? If so, I missed it. If you can provide a link, I'd greatly appreciate it.

3. You have no idea what the actual deal entailed. If you find his comments to be  nonsensical, that's a you problem. They were pretty clear. 

1. Elite pitchers are traded in April and May all the time, right...they are traded in July....

2. Huh?... to quote you... You are as nonsensical as Arte...

3. True...neither of us know what the deal ultimately entailed....as to nonsensical comments, I'll leave that to you and Arte....

On 2/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, DMVol said:

Follow carefully, I'm trying to help you analyze the statements of Mr. Impatient Owner and offer my opinions.....1) You aren't going to get a Greinke (your example) type right now, which is what Arte says we're looking for...that's ok but you're not getting that type of guy now, though you might in July and it will cost you a hell of a lot more than Rengifo.....

2) Why in the hell are we talking to the Dodgers about Stripling if you consider him a 4/5 starter and we don't want that anyway (so says Mr. Impatient).

3) Having analyzed Arte's nonsensical statement, I am offering my opinion that Stripling is a pretty good pitcher and if the cost was Rengifo, I do that trade any time....we're better with Stripling than Rengifo...

Comprende'?

Snarkiness aside,  I agree with all of this 

On 2/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, True Grich said:

So they take away is that Moreno would sign a 73 year old Nolan Ryan if he decided to make a comeback.

I think Nolan would sign just to further distance himself from the Asstros.

Also he could be our designated plunker...

10 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Snarkiness aside,  I agree with all of this 

On February 17, 2020 at 12:49 PM, Lou said: