• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

15 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Will we ever know the details about everything that caused the trade to not happen?

Considering how tight lipped this organization is about everything, I'm guessing not.

Our only chance is if Eppler just walks out mid-season but that won't happen because he's not a sniveling c*nt-faced buttnugget, unlike some people.

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Gonna sound unpopular but I trust Arte quite a bit. I’m gonna guess the Dodgers wanted more and Arte just didn’t want to throw them under the bus.

If true, I have no problem with what he did....if he pulled the plug on the original deal because he got impatient, that is stupid....would like to know the whole story....

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

It is at this time I would like to remind everyone that even though Eppler is the one negotiating with other GM's, it is, in the end, Moreno who approves/disapproves every trade because it is his money. This is not the first, nor will it be the last one he evaluates and gives his final decision on. We are only upset because we think we were winning the trade and getting something valuable back for a supposed small price. Is that actually the case? Maybe, maybe not, but again we don't know because none of us were involved in the discussion.

Arte Moreno: “We didn’t really have a deal. It was leaked that we had a deal, but we didn’t really have a deal...whatever you read, you read.” Said the Angels are looking to add a starter that can  “substantially” help them, not a No. 4 or No. 5 type starter. 

Those type of guys just aren't available....Stripling was....and at what may have been a reasonable price....

7 minutes ago, DMVol said:
Arte Moreno: “We didn’t really have a deal. It was leaked that we had a deal, but we didn’t really have a deal...whatever you read, you read.” Said the Angels are looking to add a starter that can  “substantially” help them, not a No. 4 or No. 5 type starter. 

Those type of guys just aren't available....Stripling was....and at what may have been a reasonable price....

What do you call Greinke? 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

What do you call Greinke? 

Trade deadline deal....right now (should have been clear). you're not getting a top of the rotation guy....but right now you might get a Stripling for a cheaper price than a Greinke at the deadline, if you take on some salary (Pederson).....If the principals really were Stripling/Pederson and Rengifo, you do that deal all year long...

Just now, DMVol said:

Trade deadline deal....right now, you're not getting a top of the rotation guy....but right now you might get a Stripling for a cheaper price than a Greinke at the deadline, if you take on some salary (Pederson).....If the principals really were Stripling/Pederson and Rengifo, you do that deal all year long...

He didn't say "right now" 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

He didn't say "right now" 

Then why was he in discussions "right now" about Stripling if he doesn't want a 4 or 5 guy?  Again, if the principals really were Rengifo and Pederson/Stripling, you make that trade all year long....forget 4/5 guy vs premium starter, "right now" vs trade deadline....that was a good deal you make any time...

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Then why was he in discussions "right now" about Stripling if he doesn't want a 4 or 5 guy?  Again, if the principals really were Rengifo and Pederson/Stripling, you make that trade all year long....forget 4/5 guy vs premium starter, "right now" vs trade deadline....that was a good deal you make any time...

Huh?

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Huh?

Follow carefully, I'm trying to help you analyze the statements of Mr. Impatient Owner and offer my opinions.....1) You aren't going to get a Greinke (your example) type right now, which is what Arte says we're looking for...that's ok but you're not getting that type of guy now, though you might in July and it will cost you a hell of a lot more than Rengifo.....

2) Why in the hell are we talking to the Dodgers about Stripling if you consider him a 4/5 starter and we don't want that anyway (so says Mr. Impatient).

3) Having analyzed Arte's nonsensical statement, I am offering my opinion that Stripling is a pretty good pitcher and if the cost was Rengifo, I do that trade any time....we're better with Stripling than Rengifo...

Comprende'?