• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not feeling it. 

Sell me on why?

Im not going to sell you Chuck, I would say there’s very little chance it gets done.  Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised because nothing has changed.  They still have excess and we still have needs and payroll space.   It’s still the best deal out there to improve our team even if we have to sweeten the deal a bit.   Don’t misinterpret me saying I wouldn’t be surprised as me saying it’s likely.  

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Im not going to sell you Chuck, I would say there’s very little chance it gets done.  Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised because nothing has changed.  They still have excess and we still have needs and payroll space.   It’s still the best deal out there to improve our team even if we have to sweeten the deal a bit.   Don’t misinterpret me saying I wouldn’t be surprised as me saying it’s likely.  

I just don't see it. When Arte pulls the plug, it's as good as dead. There's no going back. 

There is no way they’ll be able to revive the trade without giving the Dodgers more to make it happen.  It’s not going to happen.  Honestly, I’m fine with it.  Stripling would have been fine, but the Angels need a higher end guy.  They’ve still got one of their best chips to make it happen.  Also, there’s a good argument to be made for keeping Rengifo.  I don’t see why the Angels should be locked into keeping Simmons.  Rengifo could legitimately develop into a nice starter.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There is no way they’ll be able to revive the trade without giving the Dodgers more to make it happen.  It’s not going to happen.  Honestly, I’m fine with it.  Stripling would have been fine, but the Angels need a higher end guy.  

The Rangers need a CF. My guess he'll get traded there for a much better prospect than Rengifo and he'll mash 40 bombs there. 

Anyhow, I'm over it. F the Dodgers. F the Red Sox. F Graterol's arm. F Stripling for his tweet. F Heyman just because and F Arte for getting impatient. 

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Rangers need a CF. My guess he'll get traded there for a much better prospect than Rengifo and he'll mash 40 bombs there. 

Anyhow, I'm over it. F the Dodgers. F the Red Sox. F Graterol's arm. F Stripling for his tweet. F Heyman just because and F Arte for getting impatient. 

49FD4E4F-A74B-491A-B36F-E123666C6D4D.jpeg

I think the industry is surprised they pulled it, or Arte pulled it, or however it went down.

I don't believe that the deal was essentially done and Arte was like Fuck it...We're out. Especially with the prospect or prospects names coming over from the Angels not leaked. He was impatient sure, but he also wouldn't have backed out of a completed deal.

There was something else up. We just don't know what it is yet.

If it gets revisited, there is a likelihood that it expands the Dodgers actually need to cut a bit more than $12.5M, and Pederson and Stripling's salary is a bit under $10M. Maybe Pedro Baez comes back as well and we send them back a reliever like Noe Ramirez or Key Middleton, and $1M in Cash. We'd also have to give up a bit more prospect capital to get Baez, but it actually helps them get under the tax.

But Rengifo, Ward, Ramirez, and another prospect like Jose Suarez would be a great deal for Pederson, Stripling, and Baez (and maybe Pages).

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

To me that was the most baffling part of Arte backing out: it really made sense for both sides. As you say, I also wouldn’t be surprised if it wound up being completed.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

If Fletch’s story is pretty much the whole story, then for me it’s mostly F BOS and F Arte. I’m not bothered by Stripling’s tweet. I’m sure the vast majority of players would rather not be traded, even if it is only about one hour south on the freeway.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

If Fletch’s story is pretty much the whole story, then for me it’s mostly F BOS and F Arte. I’m not bothered by Stripling’s tweet. I’m sure the vast majority of players would rather not be traded, even if it is only about five hours south on the freeway.