• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

47 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Look at the bright side, we're about 10 or so days away from the phrase "elbow tightness" driving AW.com into a new tizzy... 

45 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Or the dreaded "dehydration", which, after all, is a thing in the desert.

And let's not forget our old pal "dead arm phase."

7 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Remember when Arte was too stubborn to give Beltre that fifth year despite the Angels desperate need for 3B?  If what is being reported now is true, Arte's stubbornness has hurt this team again.

Wait is he impatient or stubborn?

What this means to me is that Arte is the real GM. It doesn’t matter how the team performs this year Eppler deserves an extension. He works hard to come up with creative solutions that benefit the team. Unfortunately Arte gets in the way of some of these. Vernon Wells? Maybe that was Arte and not Reagins. Pujols? Almost certainly Arte and not Dipoto. Not sure how many more ways he’s interfered but I’m sure those aren’t all of it. Eppler is a good GM and he is doing the best he can with the owner he has. My 2¢

18 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I give him a pass for not giving Beltre a 5th year....that's a judgment call.....but if, in response to not signing Beltre, he told Reagins to "do something" and we got the Vernon Wells trade in response, that was his mistake...don't know if that story is true....

Frigging Wile E. Coyote battling the Roadrunner couldn't have handled it worse.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Or maybe Arte deemed the deal as unnecessary and pulled it.

that's a tough pill to swallow when their achilles heal has been quality pitching. i really don't understand arte's willingness to pull out of a deal that looks like it would have truly helped this team at such a minimal cost.

4 hours ago, nate said:

It is pretty clear that Arte is the reason the deal died.

The off season is a failure because the pitching is potentially the worst in baseball, if not very close to.

well at least you didn't blame the evangelicals for this. progress, i guess.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

that's a tough pill to swallow when their achilles heal has been quality pitching. i really don't understand arte's willingness to pull out of a deal that looks like it would have truly helped this team at such a minimal cost.

That might be the only salvation - we don't truly know what the Dodgers were asking, so can tell ourselves they wanted Adell and Marsh as the "two prospects" to comfort ourselves.

The alternative is that Arte's meddling  in player decisions puts him in the same league as Loria, Angelos, and Dan Snyder.

Blowing up a great deal for no reason other than "he mad"  is pre-suspension-Steinbrenner behavior -  and casts a new light on this club's previous disastrous decisions like Hamilton, Wells, and GMJ. 

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

What do you do for a living?

3 hours ago, nate said:

Dylan Bundy was a bad pitcher on the worst team in baseball.

Tehran is an innings eater but by no means an ace.  Yet he is the best pitcher on the team.

In fact, at least half the guys on the Angels rotation wouldn't even make the 5 man rotation of most AL teams.

how about this, i'll take the action.

i don't want scotch, both of us have been here a long time. whatever dollar value you're comfortable with is what we set it at. i have venmo and paypal. i assume you do to. you state the dollar value equal to your favorite scotch or whatever and we go from there. 875+ runs you win. anything less and i win.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Actually, I don't care if people blame Arte.  I'm guessing he's partly to blame. However, you will never see me go batshit crazy over transactions, particularly when we have no idea what the entire deal consisted of in terms of players. 

Yeah I feel similarly. I just enjoy messing with you guys, especially Strad.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Frigging Wile E. Coyote battling the Roadrunner couldn't have handled it worse.

To be fair though, Reagins is the same guy who supposedly told Eddie Bane to draft the people he drafted with those five top 40 overall picks in 2010, which of course turned out to be disasterous.

Reagins messed up just about everything he touched. 

If....IF Arte pulled out (LMFAO Tdawg "pullout" shut the fuck up I'm being an Adult here) then he seriously needs to reconsider his role with the team. Ultimately he's the owner, and he makes the final decisions. But he also hires baseball people to make the baseball decisions. He's said so in the past. So why would he be meddling in this particular deal? This trade wasn't putting them at the threshold. So what's the deal?

It seems like he doesn't want to deal with the Dodgers and got butthurt that things weren't being done on his terms so he decided we didn't need to make this trade. Well, last I checked, the GM makes the trades, not the owner.

I'll knock off the hyperbole until we know the specifics (if we ever know the specifics), but it doesn't look good as of right now.