failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

as an aside, the potential additions of Joc and Stripling looked really nice for our roster and made me realize how much of an impact an additional pitcher and additional OF depth would have had.  I know it's unlikely at this point, but hopefully there is a similar move out there as this one was a nice fit.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

as an aside, the potential additions of Joc and Stripling looked really nice for our roster and made me realize how much of an impact an additional pitcher and additional OF depth would have had.  I know it's unlikely at this point, but hopefully there is a similar move out there as this one was a nice fit.  

Puig? 

I don’t know how Arte fans can argue he’s not the issue here. There were four principals involved in this mess - Angels, Dodgers, Red Sox, Twins - but only Arte Inserted himself and grabbed headlines.

The NY Knicks have Dolan. The Dallas Cowboys have Jones. The LA Angels have Moreno. Arte hurt his team this past week. Again. 

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I mean it’s bizarre to me that you continue to follow a team so closely that you legitimately ONLY complain about. 

why would you invest that much of your time? 

I really liked this trade for the Angels. It would’ve made us better this season and given us a real shot at making the playoffs.

Forgive me for being a bit annoyed that the team I follow so closely missed out on an opportunity to get better when there doesn’t seem to be a great explanation for it other than Arte was pissed.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I really hope Adell comes out and crushes it.

Oh, and that Stripling gets traded to Baltimore.

Me too

And the trade had nothing to do with Joc or Adell, it was all for Stripling, someone the Angels desperately need.  Too bad Arte got his panties in a bunch because the trade was delayed.

57 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

This entire clusterf*ck of a trade summed up this failed offseason perfectly.

Arte’s emotions continue to handcuff this organization. 

Hopefully Eppler can pull a miracle out of his ass and get something else done but at this point I highly doubt it. Joc and Stripling would’ve been very nice additions to this roster. A real shame this didn’t go down as planned. 

"Failed offseason" haha

1 minute ago, Lou said:

How about it?

It is pretty clear that Arte is the reason the deal died.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

"Failed offseason" haha

The off season is a failure because the pitching is potentially the worst in baseball, if not very close to.

Just now, nate said:

It is pretty clear that Arte is the reason the deal died.

The off season is a failure because the pitching is potentially the worst in baseball, if not very close to.

Yeah, the pitching is none of that but do go on....

3 minutes ago, nate said:

lol 

Just now, nate said:

Cool, so the Angels can lose games 10-5 instead of 10-4

Same song and dance every offseason with the blind homers. 

Then come September when we’re 15 games out they go back to the same drawer every time..

CFFB7843-9FE6-4BEA-813A-3688E34DC78C.gif.f2deda6a546134750ac9f9757bd1b904.gif

1 minute ago, Lou said:

So we're giving up 1,620 runs this year? 

Wager? 

I will take over 875, your favorite bottle of scotch.

1 minute ago, nate said:

Cool, so the Angels can lose games 10-5 instead of 10-4

So, with the additions of Teheran, Bundy, and Andriese our pitching didn't improve?  Weird...

Just now, mulwin444 said:

So, with the additions of Teheran, Bundy, and Andriese our pitching didn't improve?  Weird...

Tehran is the only improvement on that list.

Factor for a 6 man rotation when Ohtani comes back, no more Skaggs and other than Tehran and Bundy a bunch of guys that are always injured.

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Same song and dance every offseason with the blind homers. 

Then come September when we’re 15 games out they go back to the same drawer every time..

CFFB7843-9FE6-4BEA-813A-3688E34DC78C.gif.f2deda6a546134750ac9f9757bd1b904.gif

Kind of funny you have an 'excuses' gif handy.

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Tehran is the only improvement on that list.

Factor for a 6 man rotation when Ohtani comes back, no more Skaggs and other than Tehran and Bundy a bunch of guys that are always injured.

Skaggs accounted for only 79 innings last season and averaged less than 100.0 IP per season for the last 4 seasons...yeah, tough to replace that.

Edited by mulwin444