failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Lou said:

Why would the dodgers make a trade that they deemed unnecessary? 

Or maybe Arte deemed the deal as unnecessary and pulled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

....Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

At some point the fake news argument gets a little old....real old....Rosenthal is a hack, has an agenda, doesn’t know what he’s talking about....Geez...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I don’t know what would be the Dodgers’ motivation to pull out of this trade.

According to Rosenthal, they saw it as unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lou said:

According to Rosenthal, they saw it as unnecessary.

 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

That's not what Rosenthal said.

He said Arte pulled out, could have been revived but Dodgers saw it as unnecessary....I assume you start that analysis with Arte pulled out....but that’s just me....carry on....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

 

He said Arte pulled out, could have been revived but Dodgers saw it as unnecessary....I assume you start that analysis with Arte pulled out....but that’s just me....carry on....

Ok, so let's say we tried to revive it 

The dodgers were going to make the trade even though they deemed it unnecessary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I find it hard to believe Arte gets involved in smaller deals like this.  Now us as fanatics see this as a big deal.  But Arte has really only surfaced on big money long term deals with Star players.  Did we hear about Arte’s involvement when they sign Teheran?  Because that’s the same amount of money being paid to these two.  Or with the Bundy trade?  If Arte got frustrated he’s no different than all of us.  Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

Not knowing the guy personally... nothing would surprise me.  All I know is that it's being reported that Arte pulled the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’m seeing what happened, but it’s just my opinion.  I’ll first say I think adding pederson and stripling would have rounded out the roster nicely, especially if the only player of consequence on the major league side was Rengifo going.  
 

Our trade was agreed to pending completion of the Betts trade.  When Boston held up the deal, Arte probably grew super impatient, especially with it playing out in public, and didn’t want to be left twisting in the wind.  Probably short sided, but I digress...  then when the Betts trade was resolved yesterday, we reconvened and the Dodgers didn’t want to move forward with deal as constructed.  The 40 man issues with adding the Twins pitcher to the new deal may have precluded the original terms anyway.  At the end of the day, I believe if the Red Sox would not have held up everything and the deal changed, this would have gone down.  Maybe it can be revisited as Rosenthal mentioned, but we’ll see.
 

Love our team, hopefully Adell rips it up and we can get some help in season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TroutField said:

What does this even mean? Do you have anything worthwhile to add to the thread, or no? 

Apparently not, since I'm referencing your hope that Eppler has learned his lesson and equating it to current events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ok, so let's say we tried to revive it 

The dodgers were going to make the trade even though they deemed it unnecessary?

That is unclear....lots of ways you could interpret that....but he said “might have revived the trade”, not “going to make the trade”......but, again, Arte pulling the plug seems clear and unambiguous ...that seems to be the first domino to fall....beyond that,  we don’t know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This entire clusterf*ck of a trade summed up this failed offseason perfectly.

Arte’s emotions continue to handcuff this organization. 

Hopefully Eppler can pull a miracle out of his ass and get something else done but at this point I highly doubt it. Joc and Stripling would’ve been very nice additions to this roster. A real shame this didn’t go down as planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

This entire clusterf*ck of a trade summed up this failed offseason perfectly.

Arte’s emotions continue to handcuff this organization. 

Hopefully Eppler can pull a miracle out of his ass and get something else done but at this point I highly doubt it. Joc and Stripling would’ve been very nice additions to this roster. A real shame this didn’t go down as planned. 

No way, CanadianHalo bitching....That’s a first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I find it hard to believe Arte gets involved in smaller deals like this.  Now us as fanatics see this as a big deal.  But Arte has really only surfaced on big money long term deals with Star players.  Did we hear about Arte’s involvement when they sign Teheran?  Because that’s the same amount of money being paid to these two.  Or with the Bundy trade?  If Arte got frustrated he’s no different than all of us.  Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

I bet he was involved.  It was adding another 8m or so to payroll which I am sure Eppler needed to get Arte's approval on considering where payroll was already.  Kinda like Billy needed to get approval for the Allen deal last year.  That money essentially comes right off the top of whatever would go to Arte and his partnership group.  

We've heard stories of Arte being fairly emotional in other situations although those were likely larger deals as you mentioned.  So who knows if there was some petulant rant involved or if it was a collective and calculated agreement among leadership to pull the deal.  Maybe because they knew the deal would change or actually got word from the dogs that it did and those parameters were unsavory.  

At the end of the day, I hope that if the Halos did pull the deal, they did so for the right reasons and not just because they were tired of waiting.  But either way, they pulled it and an opportunity to get better for 2020 was missed.  That's the most annoying part by far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.