• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

My best guess is that Arte did order the deal to be pulled form the table, but it was moot because the Dodgers new deal with Twins made it unnecessary, as reported. Now, if the Dodgers turn around and still trade Pederson and Stripling, it will only fan the flames of the "It's Arte's fault" narrative.

Again, at this point - I don't really care. I mean, it's interesting on some levels, but unlike some - this doesn't ruin my day.

They still need to clear up two spots on the 40 man.  Unnecessary != not doing the trade.  It just means it isn't worth the hassle to deal with Arte.

The only things Arte accomplished by doing this was making the team much worse and sparing the Dodgers from getting ripped off. Congratulations! If the Angels barely miss out on the postseason this year, we can look back at this fiasco as the reason why.

It seemed pretty obvious yesterday that Arte was the reason the deal died. It would’ve been a bad look on the Dodgers had they reneged on the agreement.

14 minutes ago, nate said:

Dylan Bundy was a bad pitcher on the worst team in baseball.

Tehran is an innings eater but by no means an ace.  Yet he is the best pitcher on the team.

In fact, at least half the guys on the Angels rotation wouldn't even make the 5 man rotation of most AL teams.

This is retarded.

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Meh..  I dont blame anyone for having an emotional reaction to news that Arte may have had an emotional reaction.  But, I am curious to see how anyone would think that this year's pitching staff projects to give up 875 runs ...   The math doesn't jive for me.

I just have trouble getting too emotional about something I have very little info about other than we heard something vague about Arte "getting emotional".

Seems to me there was a deal in place, Boston was caught off guard by their fans extremely negative reaction, their asses puckered so they started "hmm"-ing about some medical records as the reason for the delay while going back to the Dodgers saying "we need more", so Dodgers go back to the Angels and say "agreed to terms have changed, we now need ____", and then Arte said "eat a dick"

Should he have said "eat a dick" and just agreed to the changed terms?  Don't have an opinion until I know the terms.  I just know the people that usually like being angry at Arte are now enjoying their moment being angry at Arte...so, good for them.

Edited by mulwin444

29 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://theathletic.com/1596436/2020/02/10/sources-arte-moreno-ordered-angels-to-end-trade-with-dodgers/

Moreno ordered the Angels to pull out of the agreement with the Dodgers, sources told The Athletic. The Dodgers could have given the Angels a chance to rethink their decision, but they viewed the previously agreed upon Angels deal as unnecessary after the trades with Boston and Minnesota changed, effectively killing the trade themselves.

Eff everybody..

Yep, if this is how it went down then I am wrong. 

Just now, mulwin444 said:

I just have trouble getting too emotional about something I have very little info about other than we heard something vague about Arte "getting emotional".

Seems to me there was a deal in place, Boston was caught off guard by their fans extremely negative reaction, their asses puckered so they started "hmm"-ing about some medical records as the reason for the delay while going back to the Dodgers saying "we need more", so Dodgers go back to the Angels and say "agreed to terms have changed, we now need ____", and then Arte said "eat a dick"

Should he have said "eat a dick" and just changed to the terms?  Don't have an opinion until I know the terms.  I just know the people that usually like being angry at Arte are now enjoying their moment being angry at Arte...so, good for them.

I don't disagree and I think Blarg said it best -- there were a lot of moving pieces..   I'm just saying I can at least understand people being upset about this given what little info is out there.   

Seems pretty obvious to me that once the deal went from the Dodgers not getting anyone from the Twins to the Dodgers getting two players from the Twins and the money going that way that the Angels deal made a lot less sense.   Thing about Arte, if what's being said is true I'm sure he will cop to it -- because he always has.

But fans being fired up is IMO to be expected in this situation.

2 hours ago, RBM said:

I don’t know how Arte fans can argue he’s not the issue here. There were four principals involved in this mess - Angels, Dodgers, Red Sox, Twins - but only Arte Inserted himself and grabbed headlines.

The NY Knicks have Dolan. The Dallas Cowboys have Jones. The LA Angels have Moreno. Arte hurt his team this past week. Again. 

Do you have a direct quote from Moreno or a named source for that? Ken Rosenthal is not a source, just so we are clear. 

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm just saying I can at least understand people being upset about this given what little info is out there.   

Yeah, agreed, it sucks...I'd have love to have had Stripling and Pederson on this team, especially with 3 years of control for Stripling

Either way, it tells me Eppler is still working and trying to find out-of-the-box ways to improve the starting pitching so I don't think we are done.

Edited by mulwin444

22 minutes ago, nate said:

Dylan Bundy was a bad pitcher on the worst team in baseball.

Tehran is an innings eater but by no means an ace.  Yet he is the best pitcher on the team.

In fact, at least half the guys on the Angels rotation wouldn't even make the 5 man rotation of most AL teams.

Great you have opinions and I'm not trying to change your mind on anything but the numbers still don't back your position.    Those numbers are the closest thing to facts in this back and forth.

I blame Moreno for letting his pride & ego get the best of him. So what if trade was delayed because of complicatipns in original trade? Pederson & Stripling would have upgraded their team. Pederson for 1 year, Stripling, given chance can be solid mid-rotation pitcher. Are, for once, think of team first before letting your pride get best of you.