• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

26 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Is this the same Skaggs that you said it would stupid to sell high on after his solid first half in 2018?

9 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Maybe?  In 2018, he wasn't dead so I was likely giving him the benefit of the doubt...

bitch slap slapping GIF by absurdnoise

45 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Skaggs accounted for only 79 innings last season and averaged less than 100.0 IP per season for the last 4 seasons...yeah, tough to replace that.

Yeah because of that pesky "dying" thing that limited his innings.

It's still weird to me talking about Skaggs' 2019 stats even though they are relevant when comparing the 2020 staff to the 2019 staff. Like It feels disrespectful for some reason in my head, as if we are talking about a pitcher who is replacing him in the rotation due to him being traded or signing with another team. I think it's going to take a while for me to be okay with looking at our pitching staff from just a performance standpoint when comparing to Skaggs' pitching role during the 2019 season.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

i'm not going to bury my head in the sand on this one. it appears pretty likely that arte got petulant over this, and that hurt the team.

that would be greaaaaat, if he could stop doing that.

I like Arte....Hell, if you lived through Jackie Autry and Disney, you gotta love Arte....He gets a lot of unfair criticism....but he has messed things up before and while none of us know exactly what happened, when the first reports of his being "frustrated" trickled out, my first thought was "uh oh, he's going to mess this up"...Sounds like maybe he did....but, if he did, he certainly had some help...starting with the Red Sox....media leaks didn't help either....

4 hours ago, DMVol said:

I like Arte....Hell, if you lived through Jackie Autry and Disney, you gotta love Arte....He gets a lot of unfair criticism....but he has messed things up before and while none of us know exactly what happened, when the first reports of his being "frustrated" trickled out, my first thought was "uh oh, he's going to mess this up"...Sounds like maybe he did....but, if he did, he certainly had some help...starting with the Red Sox....media leaks didn't help either....

Go on other fan forums for other MLB teams. So many people are envious we have an owner that actually tries to put a winning team out on the field every year. We have never had ONE rebuilding season in almost 17 years.... that’s insane. 

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Go on other fan forums for other MLB teams. So many people are envious we have a manager  that actually tries to put a winning team out on the field every year. We have never had ONE rebuilding season in almost 17 years.... that’s insane. 

What do you consider a rebuilding season? 

1 hour ago, nate said:

It is pretty clear that Arte is the reason the deal died.

The off season is a failure because the pitching is potentially the worst in baseball, if not very close to.

https://theathletic.com/1596436/2020/02/10/sources-arte-moreno-ordered-angels-to-end-trade-with-dodgers/

Moreno ordered the Angels to pull out of the agreement with the Dodgers, sources told The Athletic. The Dodgers could have given the Angels a chance to rethink their decision, but they viewed the previously agreed upon Angels deal as unnecessary after the trades with Boston and Minnesota changed, effectively killing the trade themselves.

Eff everybody..

I get that Arte has a history of acting like this but I don’t see why the Dodgers would have still done the trade. Their other trades changed their payroll and roster so the Angels trade wouldn’t have brought them under the threshold and they would still need to cut players they wouldn’t necessarily want to cut. By all accounts, the trade was originally in the Angels favor and the changes to the Sox/Twins trades took away the few positives for the Dodgers to move Pederson/Stripling to the Angels.

Pujols, Wilson, Wells, and Hamilton are all examples of Arte getting in the way to the detriment of the club but I don’t think Arte can be the one to blame for this falling through. There’s just no way the Dodgers didn’t try to change the trade with the Angels giving up prospects or taking on money. Our payroll is already the highest it’s ever been and this move would have taken us pretty close to the tax line originally, I can’t blame Arte for not wanting to take on more money.

If more info comes out to place the blame on Arte, I’ll gladly shift the blame to his shoulders but right now, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt from looking at the trade from the Dodgers’ perspective and why they would even do it in the first place.

Just now, mulwin444 said:

Because Arte is bad...

Meh..  I dont blame anyone for having an emotional reaction to news that Arte may have had an emotional reaction.  But, I am curious to see how anyone would think that this year's pitching staff projects to give up 875 runs ...   The math doesn't jive for me.

My best guess is that Arte did order the deal to be pulled form the table, but it was moot because the Dodgers new deal with Twins made it unnecessary, as reported. Now, if the Dodgers turn around and still trade Pederson and Stripling, it will only fan the flames of the "It's Arte's fault" narrative.

Again, at this point - I don't really care. I mean, it's interesting on some levels, but unlike some - this doesn't ruin my day.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Meh..  I dont blame anyone for having an emotional reaction to news that Arte may have had an emotional reaction.  But, I am curious to see how anyone would think that this year's pitching staff projects to give up 875 runs ...   The math doesn't jive for me.

Dylan Bundy was a bad pitcher on the worst team in baseball.

Tehran is an innings eater but by no means an ace.  Yet he is the best pitcher on the team.

In fact, at least half the guys on the Angels rotation wouldn't even make the 5 man rotation of most AL teams.