failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its like that twilight zone, when burgess meredith steps on his reading glasses at the end.

How did i not realize for all these years that it was Burgess Meredith in that scene

godfather GIF

Ok here are my thoughts.  The Dodgers weren’t expecting to have Graterol on their team, so when they acquired him to make this trade happen that put them still at 40 men on the 40 man roster.  Then they traded Verdugo and brought two more on the 40 man roster.  So that puts them at 41.  The rumored deal was Rengifo and Ward plus a prospect for Stripling and Pederson, leaving the Dodgers still at 41. My guess is they asked the Angels to replace Ward with a minor leaguer that doesn’t have to be on the 40 man roster.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok here are my thoughts.  The Dodgers weren’t expecting to have Graterol on their team, so when they acquired him to make this trade happen that put them still at 40 men on the 40 man roster.  Then they traded Verdugo and brought two more on the 40 man roster.  So that puts them at 41.  The rumored deal was Rengifo and Ward plus a prospect for Stripling and Pederson, leaving the Dodgers still at 41. My guess is they asked the Angels to replace Ward with a minor leaguer that doesn’t have to be on the 40 man roster.

Same question—-Depends on who that minor leaguer would be....if it wasn’t a premium prospect, we would be stupid not to do it....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Same question—-Depends on who that minor leaguer would be....if it wasn’t a premium prospect, we would be stupid not to do it....

Well we don’t know and maybe now that the deal fell through @Jeff Fletcherwill share what he knows.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They are but the money doesn't change so there is no reason for the deal to have to change because of that. 

Did we ever really hear about the money exchanging the first time? I don't recall that but I have been sick the last week so I probably missed it.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

So the Lakers lose out at the trade deadline and Collison decides to stay retired.

The Angels deal falls apart due to the Dodgers and Sox.

Bad day for 2 of my favorite teams, ugh.

Yep, after the Lakers failed to make a move I was still excited about the Angels getting Joc & Stripling and now we get the news today about Collison and find out Arte backed out of the trade with the Dodgers.

F&%K!!!!!

Any chance of MLB investigating this? Looks like bush league business practice. 

Or Eppler filing a complaint? 

Dodgers and Sox are the power franchises and always seem to get what they want by whatever means necessary..

Just now, Duren, Duren said:

Dodgers and Sox are the power franchises and always seem to get what they want by whatever means necessary..

No.  

The deals were never official so I don’t know what they’d investigate.  Being untrustworthy isn’t against the rules it’s frowned upon. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I mean Eppler seemed to agree on a deal that was contingent on another deal. Probably sounded fine because how often does a trade fall apart when it’s that far along? But I’m sure he learned a lesson. 

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Totally clears Arte Moreno. Thank you!