• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ok, so let's say we tried to revive it 

The dodgers were going to make the trade even though they deemed it unnecessary?

That is unclear....lots of ways you could interpret that....but he said “might have revived the trade”, not “going to make the trade”......but, again, Arte pulling the plug seems clear and unambiguous ...that seems to be the first domino to fall....beyond that,  we don’t know...

This entire clusterf*ck of a trade summed up this failed offseason perfectly.

Arte’s emotions continue to handcuff this organization. 

Hopefully Eppler can pull a miracle out of his ass and get something else done but at this point I highly doubt it. Joc and Stripling would’ve been very nice additions to this roster. A real shame this didn’t go down as planned. 

31 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Hopefully Eppler can pull a miracle out of his ass and get something else done but at this point I highly doubt it. Joc and Stripling would’ve been very nice additions to this roster. A real shame this didn’t go down as planned. 

No way, CanadianHalo bitching....That’s a first. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I find it hard to believe Arte gets involved in smaller deals like this.  Now us as fanatics see this as a big deal.  But Arte has really only surfaced on big money long term deals with Star players.  Did we hear about Arte’s involvement when they sign Teheran?  Because that’s the same amount of money being paid to these two.  Or with the Bundy trade?  If Arte got frustrated he’s no different than all of us.  Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

I bet he was involved.  It was adding another 8m or so to payroll which I am sure Eppler needed to get Arte's approval on considering where payroll was already.  Kinda like Billy needed to get approval for the Allen deal last year.  That money essentially comes right off the top of whatever would go to Arte and his partnership group.  

We've heard stories of Arte being fairly emotional in other situations although those were likely larger deals as you mentioned.  So who knows if there was some petulant rant involved or if it was a collective and calculated agreement among leadership to pull the deal.  Maybe because they knew the deal would change or actually got word from the dogs that it did and those parameters were unsavory.  

At the end of the day, I hope that if the Halos did pull the deal, they did so for the right reasons and not just because they were tired of waiting.  But either way, they pulled it and an opportunity to get better for 2020 was missed.  That's the most annoying part by far.  

as an aside, the potential additions of Joc and Stripling looked really nice for our roster and made me realize how much of an impact an additional pitcher and additional OF depth would have had.  I know it's unlikely at this point, but hopefully there is a similar move out there as this one was a nice fit.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

as an aside, the potential additions of Joc and Stripling looked really nice for our roster and made me realize how much of an impact an additional pitcher and additional OF depth would have had.  I know it's unlikely at this point, but hopefully there is a similar move out there as this one was a nice fit.  

Puig? 

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I mean it’s bizarre to me that you continue to follow a team so closely that you legitimately ONLY complain about. 

why would you invest that much of your time? 

I really liked this trade for the Angels. It would’ve made us better this season and given us a real shot at making the playoffs.

Forgive me for being a bit annoyed that the team I follow so closely missed out on an opportunity to get better when there doesn’t seem to be a great explanation for it other than Arte was pissed.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I really hope Adell comes out and crushes it.

Oh, and that Stripling gets traded to Baltimore.

Me too

And the trade had nothing to do with Joc or Adell, it was all for Stripling, someone the Angels desperately need.  Too bad Arte got his panties in a bunch because the trade was delayed.

57 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

"Failed offseason" haha

1 minute ago, Lou said:

How about it?

It is pretty clear that Arte is the reason the deal died.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

"Failed offseason" haha

The off season is a failure because the pitching is potentially the worst in baseball, if not very close to.