• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

"LAD saw it unnecessary " 

Rosenthal was just on MLBN and was saying that the Angels pulled the deal first. Might've had a chance to revive it but the Dodgers had decided to move on by that point. Not sure if that means that if the Angels had never pulled their offer that the deal would have went down or not.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Rosenthal was just on MLBN and was saying that the Angels pulled the deal first. Might've had a chance to revive it but the Dodgers had decided to move on by that point. Not sure if that means that if the Angels had never pulled their offer that the deal would have went down or not.

Why would the dodgers make a trade that they deemed unnecessary? 

I find it hard to believe Arte gets involved in smaller deals like this.  Now us as fanatics see this as a big deal.  But Arte has really only surfaced on big money long term deals with Star players.  Did we hear about Arte’s involvement when they sign Teheran?  Because that’s the same amount of money being paid to these two.  Or with the Bundy trade?  If Arte got frustrated he’s no different than all of us.  Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

So if it somehow actually happened, do we boo Stripling?

I wouldn't boo the guy. He is on a team that has won their division every year for the past 7 or 8 years (or whatever) and been to the world series multiple times and deep into the playoff regularly. He was about to be traded to a team that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade.  But it was a dumb move on his part tweeting that since the deal could be back on, knowing how this thing is going.

6 hours ago, rafibomb said:

The more I think about it the more this one hurts. I was more than prepared to move into Spring Training with the team we had before this trade happened. I really believed with our roster we would be wild card contenders.Then the trade news got out and I got to thinking how much more dynamic our offense would be with Joc in the lineup and Stripling breaking out as a full-time starting pitcher (also adding in another prospect in Pages). This move would have pushed us to at the very least wild-card favorites. Then to have that all taken away..... To go back to "just being" wild card contenders feels so wrong. This shit sucks. I REALLY hope Eppler and company have something up their sleeve. Because we got a taste of how good this team can be with just one more move and it's a tough pull to swallow to go back.

Very good post. Exactly how I feel too. After seeing what could have been, it really does suck.

I don’t know what would be the Dodgers’ motivation to pull out of this trade. The Sox trade didn’t really change much regarding the complexion of their big league team, other than to result in receipt of a pen arm (which has no impact on the acquisition of Rengifo). If anything, the loss of Downs should increase their desire to acquire Rengifo.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

....Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

At some point the fake news argument gets a little old....real old....Rosenthal is a hack, has an agenda, doesn’t know what he’s talking about....Geez...

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

According to Rosenthal, they saw it as unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

That's not what Rosenthal said.

He said Arte pulled out, could have been revived but Dodgers saw it as unnecessary....I assume you start that analysis with Arte pulled out....but that’s just me....carry on....

3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He said Arte pulled out, could have been revived but Dodgers saw it as unnecessary....I assume you start that analysis with Arte pulled out....but that’s just me....carry on....

Ok, so let's say we tried to revive it 

The dodgers were going to make the trade even though they deemed it unnecessary?

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I find it hard to believe Arte gets involved in smaller deals like this.  Now us as fanatics see this as a big deal.  But Arte has really only surfaced on big money long term deals with Star players.  Did we hear about Arte’s involvement when they sign Teheran?  Because that’s the same amount of money being paid to these two.  Or with the Bundy trade?  If Arte got frustrated he’s no different than all of us.  Since EVERYTHING changed on the Dodgers end I believe they either tried to alter it or pulled out of it.  

Not knowing the guy personally... nothing would surprise me.  All I know is that it's being reported that Arte pulled the deal.

I think I’m seeing what happened, but it’s just my opinion.  I’ll first say I think adding pederson and stripling would have rounded out the roster nicely, especially if the only player of consequence on the major league side was Rengifo going.  

Our trade was agreed to pending completion of the Betts trade.  When Boston held up the deal, Arte probably grew super impatient, especially with it playing out in public, and didn’t want to be left twisting in the wind.  Probably short sided, but I digress...  then when the Betts trade was resolved yesterday, we reconvened and the Dodgers didn’t want to move forward with deal as constructed.  The 40 man issues with adding the Twins pitcher to the new deal may have precluded the original terms anyway.  At the end of the day, I believe if the Red Sox would not have held up everything and the deal changed, this would have gone down.  Maybe it can be revisited as Rosenthal mentioned, but we’ll see.

Love our team, hopefully Adell rips it up and we can get some help in season.