• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

So the Lakers lose out at the trade deadline and Collison decides to stay retired.

The Angels deal falls apart due to the Dodgers and Sox.

Bad day for 2 of my favorite teams, ugh.

Yep, after the Lakers failed to make a move I was still excited about the Angels getting Joc & Stripling and now we get the news today about Collison and find out Arte backed out of the trade with the Dodgers.

F&%K!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Any chance of MLB investigating this? Looks like bush league business practice. 

Or Eppler filing a complaint? 

Dodgers and Sox are the power franchises and always seem to get what they want by whatever means necessary..

I mean Eppler seemed to agree on a deal that was contingent on another deal. Probably sounded fine because how often does a trade fall apart when it’s that far along? But I’m sure he learned a lesson. 

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok here are my thoughts.  The Dodgers weren’t expecting to have Graterol on their team, so when they acquired him to make this trade happen that put them still at 40 men on the 40 man roster.  Then they traded Verdugo and brought two more on the 40 man roster.  So that puts them at 41.  The rumored deal was Rengifo and Ward plus a prospect for Stripling and Pederson, leaving the Dodgers still at 41. My guess is they asked the Angels to replace Ward with a minor leaguer that doesn’t have to be on the 40 man roster.

Totally clears Arte Moreno. Thank you!

When we sold our home the buyer at the last moment asked for 5000.00 for lame improvements around the house.  My pride wanted me to tell them to pound sand and call their bluff.  With our contingency offer on our new home in jeopardy I swallowed my pride and agreed.  Sometimes it's ok to permit someone to take advantage of you as long as you're still on top.  Arte should have caved and got the deal done. 

7 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

When we sold our home the buyer at the last moment asked for 5000.00 for lame improvements around the house.  My pride wanted me to tell them to pound sand and call their bluff.  With our contingency offer on our new home in jeopardy I swallowed my pride and agreed.  Sometimes it's ok to permit someone to take advantage of you as long as you're still on top.  Arte should have caved and got the deal done. 

I suspect that your need for the new house is more urgent.  Congrats btw. 

15 hours ago, Angels_Fan said:

This deal could’ve been the difference between making the postseason and missing the postseason. All the Angels had to do was give up Rengifo (who is very much redundant).

Hopefully Eppler has something else up his sleeve...

In fairness:

We really don't know if Arte pulled out of the deal.  Forgive me if I dont believe a lot of things on twitter.

We weren't only giving up Rengifro.  The Dodgers may have asked for a top prospect.   We don't know.

42 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

So what were the specifics?  Clearly you have info the rest of us don't.  

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

My dumbass keeps coming back here with the hope that something might have changed LOL

I really hope that Eppler had a plan B or if not, he's working the phone like a madman. 

You also have to wonder how Rengifo is going to feel reporting to ST and the entire team that nearly had a big bopper in the lineup and a solid arm in the rotation.