failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

Wow no deal. Didn’t see that coming. From earlier reports I wonder if this had anything to do with Arte getting upset about the deal not happening sooner. Bummer the Angels aren’t getting Joc and Stripling. But this has still been a really good off season. 

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Start the Arte blaming!!

I don’t know....just a guess based on the earlier reports that he was frustrated....maybe the Dogs changed things...if so, blame the Sox....

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Can I get that week of my life back, please?

Seriously 

Just now, calscuf said:

Why dude? Because you love him?  

No because the trade completely favored the Angels.  So why would he back out now when the trade can actually happen.  If he backed out 3 days ago that would be one thing.  

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe it was all Arte. 

Heyman came out a couple days ago and said Arte was pissed off. 

He probably pulled the trade at that time. 

Or we can blame the Dodgers.  Which makes more sense.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Ummm. This wasn't the first time he pulled out of a trade. 

I wouldn't say that. 

But if it was for who media reported then he pulled out of a trade where the Angels weren't giving up anyone. 

Arte has priors for getting ticked off and nixing things. 

Edited by True Grich

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

When did he pull out of a trade. 

Miguel Cabrera. 

We were sending Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick and another piece, but then the Marlins asked for Brandon Wood in addition to the three players and Arte nixed it. 

No because the trade completely favored the Angels.  So why would he back out now when the trade can actually happen.  If he backed out 3 days ago that would be one thing.  

Because Arte Moreno has always been completely logical in his entire tenure as Angels owner

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just say you love him.  

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Miguel Cabrera. 

We were sending Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick and another piece, but then the Marlins asked for Brandon Wood and Arte nixed it. 

Ok, so they had a deal in place, the Marlins asked for more and that is Arte pulling out of a trade?  

This thread and how it’s played out reminds me of the scene in Porky’s when they go to the whore house and their friends prank them.  Only we’re Pee Wee who thinks he’s gonna get laid but ends up running away naked before getting picked up by the cops. 

Shit happens. Bring on spring training. 

it meant the Arte paying an additional 8m to make the deal happen and keep prospects to make the team better.  You may want to have an open mind about this one.