failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dodgers are sending money to Minnesota...   I'm guessing they value whatever cap space the Stripling/Pederson deal will save them more than people believe.

this is the key.  it's 2 days before pitchers and catcher report.  Eppler and Arte used this as an opportunity to improve the team without giving much up.  We'll see, but that's where I think it's at.  

3 minutes ago, Drink More Yakult said:

If we were willing to trade two top 10 prospects, we’d have Kluber.

That assumes we valued Kluber that highly. I will say, though, that I’d be surprised if we valued Stripling as highly as Kluber. 

2 minutes ago, Drink More Yakult said:

If we were willing to trade one Top 50 MLB prospect plus one Top #3-#10 Angels farm system prospect two top 10 prospects, we’d have Kluber.

Fixed.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

still terrible 

Ok.  I’m guessing based on what Fletch has said we don’t have to worry about it anyway as we aren’t giving up much to begin with. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So do they trade Goodwin once they get Pederson?

That's a good question.   Anyone remember how the final Goodwin arbitration hearing went down?  I don't remember.  Seems like 68 pages ago, LOL.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So do they trade Goodwin once they get Pederson?

maybe.  or Eppler get's ultra creative and moves Pederson for an mlb ready SP and eats some of his salary.  

the padres just missed out on betts and traded their potential CFer for a relief pitcher.  And they've got a ton of young pitching.  

or goody is our 4th OFer.  

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Joc RF

Trout CF

Rendon 3B

Ohtani DH

Upton LF

La Stella 1B

Simmons SS

Castro C

Fletcher 2B

Lord have mercy