failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

2 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Unless the Red Sox specifically want one of the Angels prospects (Marsh, for example) and the dodgers will trade the Angels one of their more elite pitching prospects in order to get that product, then the Angels should stay out of it. Maeda is redundant and I don't think the Angels should have any part of that. He's in the same category as Bundy and Tehran.

I don't know why they would do that though. Seems like the red Sox want pitching so they would just want one of those dodgers pitching prospects traded directly to them.

Maeda is quite a bit better than Bundy and probably Tehran too. Let’s be real here

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

I love people judging the deal when we don't even know all the players involved. 

Correct.  What I’ve said is that if it’s Rengifo and one of Deveaux, Yan, Soriano or even Knowles or Chris Rodriguez.  That’s probably an acceptable price.  But not a steal.  I use those names based on the Ardaya tweet that it’s not one of the top prospects.  Some may argue Knowles or Rodriguez would be out of that conversation but for the sake of speculation we can throw them in.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Maeda is quite a bit better than Bundy and probably Tehran too. Let’s be real here

Maeda as a starter: 3.95 career ERA (105 ERA+ that includes his relief pitching. Likely closer to 100 if you exclude relief). Is entering age 32 season.

Bundy: 4.67 ERA, 95 ERA+ but played on an awful team and is only going into age 27 season.

Teheran: 3.67 ERA, 110 ERA+ entering age 29 season

58 minutes ago, ukyah said:

it's been my experience that when making a business deal it is always a good idea to be sure and state your position on the relative pussyness of my alternate.

it's also a hell of tactic within negotiations:

me: here's my deal. take it.

them: we're unsure.

me: c'mon, pussy.

Meh works when I do it....

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone else find it amazing that we haven’t heard who the prospect going the other way is?  

eppler's front office has no leaks. i suppose it could be a list which would keep the leakers from being in the know.