failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

4 minutes ago, Bronson said:

And you know what I say.... tough shit Doyers. Unless they said to Eppler this trade will ONLY happen if we get Betts then they’re little pussys. You made the mistake now own up to it.

We have no idea or clue what the proposed agreement or contingency was. I assume it is a contingency with the primary deal closing otherwise it would have been executed already so prepare to have this whole thing potentially go down the toilet.

So sweeten the deal and Angels take Maeda providing some of their bullpen depth.  
who in the Angels bullpen or system ranks with Graterol ?  Would that be too much?  
rengifo and xxx for Pederson, Stripling, and Maeda seems like a win? 

Just now, Nolan Fregosi said:

So sweeten the deal and Angels take Maeda providing some of their bullpen depth.  
who in the Angels bullpen or system ranks with Graterol ?  Would that be too much?  

None, Besides they want a  starter

1 minute ago, Nolan Fregosi said:

They wanted Graterol as a starter. We don’t have a starter who is around the top 100. 

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

And you know what I say.... tough shit Doyers. Unless they said to Eppler this trade will ONLY happen if we get Betts then they’re little pussys. You made the mistake now own up to it.

it's been my experience that when making a business deal it is always a good idea to be sure and state your position on the relative pussyness of my alternate.

it's also a hell of tactic within negotiations:

me: here's my deal. take it.

them: we're unsure.

me: c'mon, pussy.

What I’m saying is that the Angels shouldn’t pull Renifo off the table pending this deal getting done.  If they can make another trade.  They shouldn’t continue to be committed to this one.  What are you guys thinking I mean ? I thought I was being pretty cogent .

its not in the Angels interests to work to facilitate a trade between Boston and the Dodgers.  If they don’t have the players that they negotiated with us on then enough is enough.  Sorry, I’m not interested in trading Jordyn Adams for Kenta Maeda. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What I’m saying is that the Angels shouldn’t pull Renifo off the table pending this deal getting done.  If they can make another trade.  They shouldn’t continue to be committed to this one.  What are you guys thinking I mean ? Thought I was being pretty cogent .

its not in the Angels interests to work to facilitate a trade between Boston and the Dodgers.  If they don’t have the players that they negotiated with us on then enough is enough.  Sorry, I’m not interested in trading Jordyn Adams for Kenta Maeda. 

The Red Sox want a pitcher, not an outfielder. 

Also, the deal as reported with the Dodgers is highway robbery for the Angels. I don’t know how anyone could say we should pull out. There is no chance we’ll find a trade that helps us nearly as much as this one any time soon. 

I recall when Maeda signed with the Dodgers the “knowers” were all but guaranteeing that Maeda would end up going under the knife at some point during the contract.  I have no interest in having the Dodgers get the productive years out of the contract so that the Angels can trade one of their better prospects and get the surgery years.  No thanks. 

Unless the Red Sox specifically want one of the Angels prospects (Marsh, for example) and the dodgers will trade the Angels one of their more elite pitching prospects in order to get that product, then the Angels should stay out of it. Maeda is redundant and I don't think the Angels should have any part of that. He's in the same category as Bundy and Tehran.

I don't know why they would do that though. Seems like the red Sox want pitching so they would just want one of those dodgers pitching prospects traded directly to them.

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The Red Sox want a pitcher, not an outfielder. 

Also, the deal as reported with the Dodgers is highway robbery for the Angels. I don’t know how anyone could say we should pull out. There is no chance we’ll find a trade that helps us nearly as much as this one any time soon. 

You don’t know that.  And it’s not highway robbery.  Rengifo is a valuable piece.  You think the Dodgers don’t know that ? We’re getting 1 year of a platoon power bat and a couple years of a pitcher with some mid rotation upside who’s never pitched more then 110 innings who has literally stated that he got burned out down the stretch in the last year or so.  The Dodgers had him on bullpen duty.  I like Stripling and have some optimism that he could end up being a good starter, but it’s not for sure.  We could be giving up basically a fully controlled MLB fielder.     I think more caution should be the way to approach this.  

its too bad that it may not work out (likely won’t even) but let’s not take one of our best chips off the table.  If we can’t make a trade fine.  If something ends up happening between the Dodgers and Red Sox we can re visit.  That’s all I’m saying. 

Edited by UndertheHalo