failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

30 minutes ago, floplag said:

This far removed?  When the union and the players association are bitching?
If thats all it was no one would be saying a word. 
Youre normally right but this time im not feeling it. 

Ok, so when did we find out there was a problem with the physical on the Twins prospect, Thursday?  So then they go back to negotiating who an acceptable replacement is.  Then they do a physical on that person.  That could have happened yesterday, probably happened yesterday.  This all sucks, but it isn’t like it is trading baseball cards or negotiating the price of a new car.  I guess it would be more like negotiating the price of a used classic car where you not only want to make sure it runs correctly but it is what it is advertised to be.  

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh our hitting coach?   He’s working with Assistant hitting Coach Mathis on a few things. 

GM Robb Quinlan is known for his strong negotiation style.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

GM Robb Quinlan is known for his strong negotiation style.

And our quality assurance coach, Josh Hamilton, brings his unique approach to game readiness.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

By the time this trade goes through Joc will be our everyday RFer, with Adell in CF and Marsh in LF.   Trout will spend his retirement hunting with Trout Jr.  Hopefully Manager Pujols will be able to find suitable platoons since each outfielder will be in the 30’s. 

Trout had enough losing and calls it quits?

someone said blame the writers for leaking the trade too soon before the teams dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s 

also what if Boston is just doing their homework and saw something in medical they didn’t like ? I don’t blame for the backing out if they do. 

players are  under contract and will report to ST. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t believe it will collapse but I’ve been wrong before. The names are too big for it to not go through.  There’s virtually no chance both Price and Betts wouldn’t demand a trade. 

49 minutes ago, nando714 said:

someone said blame the writers for leaking the trade too soon before the teams dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s 

also what if Boston is just doing their homework and saw something in medical they didn’t like ? I don’t blame for the backing out if they do. 

players are  under contract and will report to ST. 

I just wonder if John Henry freaked out at all the bad press and is looking for a way to back out. 

Chaim Bloom sure as heck doesn’t want to. His first major move and it turns him into the laughing stock of the league and makes three other teams hate him and be unwilling to work with him again?

Twins reportedly pulling out of deal

According to two sources with knowledge of talks, the Twins no longer expect to work out their end of a proposed three-way deal involving the Red Sox and Dodgers, a deal in which the Twins were to receive righthander Kenta Maeda from the Dodgers while sending righthanded flamethrower Brusdar Graterol to the Red Sox.

News about the deal broke Tuesday night as the clubs exchanged medical records, a standard procedure before trades being finalized. Boston, after examining Graterol’s medical history, expressed concerns that the young righthander’s long-term role would be as a reliever and not a starter. So the Red Sox asked the Twins to add an additional Top 10 prospect to their part of the deal.

While the Twins were excited about adding Maeda to their rotation, they were against sending another top prospect to Boston. After more conversations proved fruitless, the Twins on Saturday became resigned to the fact that they were not getting Maeda.

Meanwhile, Graterol, looking relaxed and smiling as he spoke with coaches and teammates, threw in the bullpen for about 12 minutes on Saturday at the CenturyLink Sports Complex. He even flipped a baseball to an onlooker following his session. The Twins plan to use Graterol in the bullpen, where his 102 miles per hour fastball will be an asset. Graterol was not made available to comment after his session.

The Twins’ role in the deal would have allowed Boston to send Betts, lefthander David Price and cash to Los Angeles in exchange for outfield prospect Alex Verdugo. The Dodgers, in anticipation of that trade going through, lined up a deal with the Angels in which they send outfielder Joc Pederson and righthander Ross Stripling across town for infielder Luis Rengifo.

The Twins pulling out could topple all those plans in Jenga-like fashion, unless the Dodgers and Red Sox find a replacement for the Twins. Those close to the situation expressed their frustration as the drama surrounding one of the game’s elite players unfolded. Reports had Angels owner Artie Moreno upset about the deal not being completed. Scott Boras, Graterol’s agent, took issue with Boston’s concerns about the health of his client.

“To suggest that this player is not healthy going forward, or has any form of substantive medical defect that would in any way damage his career, all of that is false. This is a scant supposition created by medical review, by someone who has never seen him physically,” Boras told the Boston Globe.

Tony Clark, head of the player’s association, even released a statement. “The events of this last week have unfairly put several Players’ lives in a state of limbo,” he said.

Despite reports about the proposed deal dominating sports news talk for several days, Graterol still worked out at the Twins facility. One person who has been around Graterol this week said he has been professional in getting his work done but it was clear the developments were on his mind.

Edited by rafibomb

Just now, Blarg said:

Feels like more over reporting of specualtion over a trade instead of an actual trade in place. 

how is it any fault of the journalists? there was a trade, they reported the trade and the known names. they haven't been wrong about any specific. there's no evidence that they reported it early or incorrectly. there is either a problem with the medicals or there is something hinky going on in boston. it's totally out of line to blame "the media".

if i was the angels and i could get graterol, then i would do so. who is our equal in prospect value? i think graterol was like #83 on the top 100. so our top prospects would seem to be unreachable. i know we are offense heavy, so we likely don't have the pitcher equivalent. 

13 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Twins reportedly pulling out of deal

With the Twins pulling out, and the Dodgers and Sox looking to do a simple 2-team trade if they can't find a 3rd. I wonder if this means Maeda won't be traded which in turn will make Stripling unavailable. This is just horrible as Stripling is more important to our deal than Joc....

3 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

I've pulled out of twins before; that was much more fun than this. 

Male twins what a score, you should be proud! 😄